Fresh, Bright Farmers Market-Driven Street Food - Guerrilla Tacos (the Brick & Mortar) - Grand Opening! [Thoughts + Pics]

I’m so with you there. And you know what’s crazy? According to the peeps who work the truck we’re like the only two people who ordered it!

PS: I posted this elsewhere, but just to reiterate, they’re not yet open for lunch on weekdays. There’s nothing sadder than rolling by and finding Guerrilla Tacos all caged up.

1 Like

Hi @TheCookie,

Thank you. :slight_smile: definitely agree with you thinking back on Chef Avila doing weekly rotations, crazy. I can’t even imagine how he used to do daily rotations for the entire menu!

1 Like

Good to know. The website says they open Saturday for lunch at 11am. Was thinking of going tomorrow right at the open.

1 Like

Wow!!!

1 Like

Oops, to clarify, I meant they’re not open for lunch yet on weekdays. They may well be open tomorrow for lunch. We didn’t check the website – I’m guessing those hours are accurate.

I’ll edit my posts to make that clearer.
Sorry for any confusion!

1 Like

Got it. Here are the hours posted on the website.

3 Likes

People seriously missed out on something special if they didn’t order that burrito :frowning: That’s crazy!

Hi @Bigmouth,

Bummer you drove by and found it closed. :frowning: I posted the hours in my original post above, but it probably got buried in my wall of text. :stuck_out_tongue:

Grand Opening Hours:
Monday - Tuesday: CLOSED
Wednesday - Friday: 5 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Sunday: 5 p.m. - 11 p.m.

1 Like

Hi All,

Guerrilla just posted that they’re open at 5:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. today (Saturday).

I’m guessing it’s their first weekend, still getting used to running the full operation.

4 Likes

Basa (fish) - Wikipedia.

1 Like

They’re doing a big push on their Instagram page (rightfully so). What are the chances of there not being a big line today? :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 in ∞

Bummed I didn’t try Ricky’s in the beginning. I remember reading the love and excitement bordering on titillation. There now appears to be a rising downhill alert. But, with that said, I can’t imagine the fish tacos being that great with anything other than cod. Was it the seasoning, batter or perfect fry or what?

I plan to go LATE tonight to hopefully avoid a big line…

Went Friday afternoon, minimal line, very good $10 michelada. Had a few things, which were all excellent of course, though I strongly disagree with anyone who says the fish taco is better than Ricky’s. They’re very different, and I’d say the technique may be better at Guerrilla, but no one will ever beat the flavor of Ricky’s batter & I prefer his salsas to the crema at Guerrilla.

Also did a lil bang-bang with Art + Fish, which worked out beautifully.

1 Like

Did anyone note the parking situation. Would it be better to Uber?

I noticed a parking lot in the back when I drove by on Thursday evening…but I wasn’t close enough to see how big the lot was.

1 Like

Hi @TheCookie,

We found some street parking along Mateo Street, and I think we saw some spaces along 7th Place. But note that the further away you get from Guerrilla, the more sketchy (underdeveloped) it gets.

1 Like

Hi @Srsly,

Great to hear you had a good visit on Friday. :slight_smile: We loved Ricky’s early on and even as late as last year. The very last visit we had maybe about 5-6 months ago(?), Ricky wasn’t there, the fish and batter just weren’t as good as before, and it was much smaller / less portion. It tasted less savory and was missing that “delicious!” taste we used to love. Maybe it was a fluke. It didn’t help that the person said that they were using Tilapia, but maybe they were mistaken.

What did you have at Art + Fish? :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s too bad about your recent Ricky’s experience! I haven’t noticed any slippage personally, though it’s true I haven’t seen the man himself there nearly as often as he used to be.

At Art + Fish I had a salmon onigiri, and one piece each of Tai… and then two other pieces that have totally slipped my mind! They each came with seared skin and were quite nice, though. And they threw in a cup of very good miso soup too. A perfect second snack, and I was really glad to have finally made it there.

@TheCookie I’ve never had any trouble parking on Mateo near 7th when visiting ERB, though with GT there now too it might be slightly more difficult. If it comes to that, ERB does have a pay lot next door that I bet you could use.

2 Likes