FTC Confessions

(1) To make you burp; and
(2) You wouldn’t be able to describe some Carmenere without having tasted them.

2 Likes

Neither of us like green bells but like the other colors. BTW green aren’t ripe.

1 Like

note to self: Never drink a Carmenere.

2 Likes

Since these poor defenseless veggies cannot speak, I’ll stand up for them. There’s more vitamin C in each pepper than in 3-4 oranges. When stuffed, bell peppers taste great, and they look damn fine on a paella. Italian antipasti platters are just that much better with pepper on them as well.

(Don’t ever ask me to go to such lengths to defend celery, though.)

6 Likes

I third that.

2 Likes

Just green or all colors?

All colors.

There are black bell peppers?

1 Like

I’ve seen purple ones so dark that they were dang near black. But not.

I’m so really surprised by that. I LOATHE green bell peppers. To the point of picking them out of any dish that has them. We call them “lurkers.” But love the ripe peppers.

1 Like

+1. can’t stand bell peppers (even stuffed—sorry JL). Yes, they add color to things but ruin the flavor. they are somewhat tolerable marinated in olive oil, but only barely.

2 Likes

Phew. A kindred spirit.

1 Like

I really don’t like most fruit . That slice of orange next to my eggs makes me shudder .

2 Likes

:+1: I think they have an innate sour bitterness that I just don’t like.

1 Like

I’ve never had a Filet o’ Fish sandwich.

Today I consumed a pot and a half of strong coffee, half a box of leftover vegetable Mu Shu straight from the fridge, a thing of Primal Vegan jerky, much water, and am now eating stale carrot cake. Yes, the animals in the house eat much better than me.

3 Likes

[quote=“Bookwich, post:197, topic:3927, full:true”]
I don’t know how to use a salad spinner, or a rice cooker.
[/quote]Your confessions never cease to amaze me.

1 Like

Hey -

[quote=“BHAppeal, post:146, topic:3927”]
Professor Pringle sees pigs fly and fatally curious cows
[/quote] :relaxed: That reminded me of something the Spinal Tap crew would think-up. I knew the host was goofing, but thought it was a real interview until the toothless dog thing!

[quote=“CeleryVictor, post:208, topic:3927”]
but I can’t imagine the two together.
[/quote]I love ketchup and mustard on my corn dog.

[quote=“thechez5, post:220, topic:3927”]
I have what might be an irrational hatred for bell peppers.
[/quote]I feel that way about tarragon. It makes me angry.

1 Like

[quote=“J_L, post:225, topic:3927”]
There’s more vitamin C in each pepper than in 3-4 oranges.
[/quote]Yep, I used to think they were useless health wise. But when I learned about all the great things in a pepper it made me like them more.