FTC Confessions

We have a fave lunch place near us. Their cross-cut fries are hands-down so good I don’t know why they offer the other.

We never order tenders. It’s always spicy fried chicken for us. Not only is Popeye’s more consistent batch wise (flavor, color, doneness), but they always have the spicy chicken available (at the most, I have to wait a few minutes for a fresh batch), whereas Church’s was “out of stock” on multiple occasions. Plus Popeye’s is literally on my drive to/from work – I pass by it twice a day. Church’s is a 15-20 minute drive from my house.

I do miss the fried okra from Churchs, but Popeyes has awesome mashed potatoes with cajun gravy. I could eat a whole large container myself. And dunk a couple of their biscuits in the tub too.

Not sure if all Popeye’s offer it, but the one I go to does a $20.00 meal with 9 pieces of mixed chicken, 2 large sides and 4 biscuits. Good deal.

1 Like

I went to SugarFish for DineLA today and didn’t hate it.

Why did I go? Because sometimes I simply go where I’m told. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s a very well oiled machine.

1 Like

It’s not bad, the fish is consistent quality and it’s a good value IMO. Can’t go to high end places all the time. The lack of selection keeps me from going more often

3 Likes

Only when I am careful do I only limit myself to one row of Fig Newtons. When I’m not, it’s usually boxes.

As an aside, I have a strange addiction to Fig Newtons dipped in Sriracha.

Now THAT’s just a bit strange. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

At work, I walk around to the different departments in the morning in the hopes of finding a donut.

12 Likes

PorkyBelly?
You are my people!

2 Likes

And here I thought there were no disadvantages to retirement :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been craving Branston pickle & cheese sandwiches!

1 Like

I eat them first & the green last

1 Like

I’m googling recipes for nachos because I have no idea how to make them. I did this last year too.

3 Likes

Open can of Hormel chili. Heat up in microwave. Drizzle over chips. Cheez-wiz garnish optional.

1 Like

That is so very sad. Do you need a hug?

1 Like

That’s kinda like saying: Pizza= English muffin half; top with ketchup; cheese optional. :smirk:

1 Like
  1. Mix masa harina with water and salt
  2. Knead the dough
  3. Rest the dough
  4. Divide and roll into golf sized balls
  5. Press the dough into discs
  6. Cook on a griddle
  7. Rest and let it cool.
  8. Cut the tortilla into six equal parts
  9. Fry the tortilla
  10. Top with a quest fresco, nduja, and then garnish with some shaved black truffle and salmon roe.

Serve warm.

3 Likes

Kudos to the gentleman who literally makes his own tortilla chips for nachos.

1 Like

Back in my college days this was the splurge.

1 Like

Holy Shit!!! And I mean that in the best possible way!!!

1 Like