FTC Confessions

We’ve not made our tortillas but Bob recently fried some up for chips and they were exceptionally good.

1 Like

Second option: Open can of chili. Heat in microwave with block of cream cheese. Dump on top of chips. No garnish needed.

2 Likes

No mention of growing corn, harvesting salmon, hunting for truffles (raise/train dog/hog to find truffles), etc. Fail. :smiley::joy::wink:

6 Likes

Growing up it was not optional: cottage cheese and - if we were living the high life - a sprinkling of parm cheese from the store version of the green can.

The ketchup was a given, of course.

1 Like

Dammit, I bought all the wrong stuff. Nachos are so complicated.

1 Like

I have a strange addiction to the Mac Jr at McD - it’s the perfect size to be powered by nostalgia yet not so big as to become a regrettable decision.

I’m going for the Le Grand next time I’m in. The Big Mac was my rite of passage burger when I was a kid. It will always have a place in my heart… and belly.

1 Like

The Big Mac is the best version of the Big Mac, if that makes sense. It carries a lot of nostalgia for me as well.

2 Likes

Flour tortillas from Loqui + butter + bagged shredded “Fiesta” cheese blend from the grocery store + habanero sauce = :heart:

4 Likes

That middle piece of bread kills me as an adult.

1 Like

Extra sauce cures that for me.

We had them recently and I removed that middle piece.

Drag. That middle piece is what makes it for me.

1 Like

I spent $11 today at McDonalds today - large Grand Mac meal and a vanilla cone. Took out the middle piece of bread. Think I’ll stick with the Mac Jr next time.

Also, the new $3 classic chicken sandwich is crap.

1 Like

I need to study their menu. Not familiar with either a “grand” or a “junior.” Since 99% of our McD meals are from drive-thru we tend to stick with McDoubles and McChickens. Not messy to eat in the car.

I actually got a Big Mac combo on Friday for this very reason. I was starving and pressed for time, and McD’s is a few blocks from my work, so I went through the drive-thru. I had an errand to run afterwards, so I just parked my car in the parking lot and ate in the car. I have to admit, it totally hit the spot. I do like to add ketchup to mine though (1 packet’s worth). And I like to dip my fries in their sweet & sour sauce, which is the best sweet & sour sauce in the world.

My combo cost me $8.60, which was more than what I was expecting, but I didn’t realize the price of the combo is now $7.89 or something like that. I remember them being around $6.29…

1 Like

@boogiebaby Shoot…I remember when it was $5…Mom would take us for McDonald’s treats at those prices back in the day.

1 Like

I remember back in the day they had $1 or was it $1.99 Big Mac specials. I think in competition with the Whopper (which I actually like with the raw onion!)

1 Like

LOL. Two of our grands, aged 2 and 6, have never to their parents’ knowledge had fast food!

@JeetKuneBao That’s right…there was a burger war back then. Whopper vs. Big Mac. I remember that promotional pricing, too.