FTC Confessions

It’s great stuff. I like mirugai prepared as Japanese-style sashimi (I need not remind you to only go to a reputable sushi-ya for this).

Crunchy deliciousness, come to papa…

1 Like

If you’re ever interested in cooking it, New May Wah on Clement in San Francisco sells it live. At least they did the last time I was in there.

i did, i’ll write up a report soon, but in short it was solid, on the level of shunji, but not worth having to wait in line for 2.5 hours to get a seat at the sushi bar.

1 Like

if your group likes seafood, i highly recommend rockcreek, my favorite meal of the trip.

1 Like

Good to know. We’ll be back some time next month and I just spot checked a few evenings and their reservations were wide open. Yay.

Looks fantastic, @PorkyBelly! I’ll add to to my Seattle schedule. We’re staying in the nearby Ballard neighborhood, so Fremont is a hop, skip, and a jump away. Thanks!

1 Like

Ah, you’re staying in Ballard. Just an fyi, there’s almost nothing open for lunch in Ballard during the week anyway.

We have a fave in Fremont: Drunky Two Shoe BBQ. Really great BBQ especially the “Burnt Ends.” And the Chop-Chop salad with some meat added is super.

Thanks. This is an extended long weekend trip, and we likely won’t even be around the neighborhood during the day. Most dinners are already planned with friends and family who live in town.

Taylor Shellfish x3
Sushi kashiba
Rockcreek
Fanny Bay

1 Like

Thanks. We’ve not been to Taylor and keep meaning to. When you have grand-boys around… :smile:

Oops, senior moment as well as having a baby puppy in the house.

Did you have a fave? TIA

Oyster & Geoduck heaven!!!

3 Likes

Dinner was supposed to be pasta carbonara. We started with cheese, rillettes and crackers. Not a lot but enough to kill our appetite for real dinner. So we had some WF sourdough toast with butter and salt and later on some Talenti sea salt caramel gelato. A perfect meal :slight_smile:

1 Like

I take cookbooks to the toto

3 Likes

Porque no? :smile:

1 Like

Uber-Ultra fermentation hosted by a rarely opened fridge over the past year? I’m still alive!

I may have unknowingly almost finished a thing of Thriftys Chocolate Malted Krunch.

6 Likes

My hero : )

Rinse, repeat.

I, of weak impulse control and of my own volition, finished an entire pint of ube ice cream. Woe be unto me.