FTC Confessions

I’m stuffed.

1 Like

I just based my comment on his cooking posts here.

ETA: And that he thinks cooking is easy. Some is, some isn’t. I’m not a baker but some baking is easy…if you follow the recipe. Easy for me cause I’m a recipe follower.

1 Like

I’m still thinking about this turkey thing. We went to hubby’s cousins’ for T-day. She brined her turkey. It was moist and juicy. I’m not going say I don’t still love turkey. But let’s face it… without gravy and stuffing it probably is a pretty boring meat.

I also think, if Thanksgiving is not a person’s family tradition - one that revolves around that big bird in the oven - it’s probably even less interesting.

Another thing :blush: . I am a crispy skin lover, but have to admit, chicken skin might be better.

It all has to do with the breed of turkey you get. To me, all meat is pretty bland, until I get something real, not the usual grocery store or even butcher shop meat.

I think people enjoy the texture of meat, and the taste of whatever it’s slathered with, rather than the meat flavor itself.

[quote=“Bookwich, post:105, topic:3927”]
I think people enjoy the texture of meat, and the taste of whatever it’s slathered with, rather than the meat flavor itself.
[/quote]Amen. Just give me the drippings, sauces, gravies, a good loaf of bread to sop it up with, and you can keep the meat.

[quote=“Bookwich, post:105, topic:3927”]
It all has to do with the breed of turkey
[/quote]Oh yes. It doesn’t even have to be organic. As long as it’s free-ranging in fresh air, eating grubs or whatever is natural to them.

That Willy bird you all were discussing sounds pretty good. Did anyone find and get one?

I know that with chickens finding “pastured” ones isn’t always that easy. I have a couple of sources - local farmers/ranchers. I’m guessing, based upon a slight bit of knowledge, that finding turkeys that have been raised that way is even more difficult. The commercial birds have to be killed young because they get so big breast-wise that they can’t walk.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that. Poor turkeys. Thanks.

1 Like

I’ve never been to Bestia.

For your penance say three Hail Marys and two Our Fathers and get a seat at the bar

3 Likes

Listen to the man. He knows whereof he speaks.

3 Likes

Yes Father :relieved:.
Hah! That was my thought (not the Hail Mary part) when I read about @Bookwich’s 5 minute bar experience. But it will have to wait just a little longer. My birthday is coming up. You know what that means? I pick the restaurant. Japanese!

2 Likes

I know. I love this guy.

Miracle Whip - definitely over mayo for tuna fish sandwiches but must be well-mixed with the tuna…otherwise, I confess I hate consistency and taste of mayo.or MR solo. (I watched how batches are made (factory). Suffice to say it was a lifechanging experience. Yeeccch. Totally explains why I’m still in therapy).

Re MW, I was about to say noooooooooooooo But then I read that you watched mayo being made. I bet that could turn a lot of us off a lot of foods.

1 Like

Really?

Not much different than, say, making ice cream or custard or even creme brulee.

I’m thinking thousands of gallons of the stuff with accompanying smell. Witnessing the same with Miracle Whip would likely evoke the same reaction :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sort of like working at a donut shop. Turned me off of donuts for about 3 months.

1 Like

“Totes.” :slight_smile:

ice cream is harmless compared to mayo…#McDonaldspinkstuff …do not watch if you like mayo. nuff said.

1 Like