FTC Confessions

After a week solo with three teenagers, I went to Del Frisco’s for lunch. Three glasses of sauvignon blanc (one for each precious treasure, of course) and an order of cheesesteak egg rolls hit the spot waaay better than it should have.

5 Likes

We do similar things when we’ve spent a number of hours caring for three and seven year old grand-boys :slight_smile: Much deserved.

:rofl::joy::rofl: Nice reward!

1 Like

@thechez5

1 Like

I don’t know when i stopped eating scrambled eggs with ketchup…

Recently I realized that was a mistake and i love me some ketchup balanced out with some hot sauce in my morning eggs!!

2 Likes

I find these “Nutrition Facts” annoying and confusing:

1 Like

Do you mean that one measurement is for a cup and a half and one for the whole bag? Does seem odd.

2 Likes

Yes, and that the cup-and-half is noted in grams and as being frozen. I’m guessing this is a legal regulation of some sort, but I’m tired and just kept staring at it trying to reason things out. (Partner says it was good, though, and that’s probably what’s important. :wink: )

1 Like

But still. I’m betting you might be a tad more informed than many and it confuses you. Imagine your ‘average’ shopper.

1 Like

For years I’ve seen complaints that package nutrition is usually only for a portion size of the total package… which is usually much smaller than what an average person would consume. So this product gives you both a portion that is 2/3 of the package and for the whole package. Maybe it’s just more than you’re used to seeing?

1 Like

I put ketchup on a carnitas burrito from one of the local taco trucks . Forget salsa .

NO. YOU. DIDN’T :)…oh, crap, the site wants more.

Yes it was great . Next time I am also going to add mayonnaise. I crossed streams .

1 Like

My 6 year old daughter will only eat hot dogs with ketchup. I’ve been trying to get her to move to team mustard. I’d be thrilled with yellow although I try to sneak in Gulden’s. When we eat hot dogs I’ll lie and say we don’t have ketchup. It doesn’t work.

This is probably my biggest fail as a parent.

5 Likes

I didn’t make the change until I was over 21. There’s still hope.

4 Likes

My Chowpup cannot be bought with McDonald’s - What is the world coming to?!

I don’t see it as a fail. I would never, ever put ketchup on, say, a Chicago dog. I like that style the way it is. However my go-to since I was a kid is ketchup, mustard, onion, and relish. I will sometimes sub mayo for the mustard (I mentioned this upthread. Flame on.). I also like to mix hoisin, peanut butter, and chili paste to top them sometimes. That last one should probably go on the Drunk, Stoned, and Hungry thread, huh?

I used to have “rules” for food/drink (a Reuben can only be made with corned beef, or a martini can only be made with gin). I’ve realized that life is too short. Bottom line is, if it tastes good (to you), eat/drink it.

Then again, I won’t cook good steak for my step kids anymore because of their insistence on using ketchup and bbq sauce. Does that make me a hypocrite? I don’t think so. If they want to pay $15+ per pound for steak and put the effort into cooking it, they can put ketchup, butter cream, or nutella on it for all I care.

3 Likes

My kids hate McD. The only things they will eat there are french fries and ice cream cones. Will not eat McD breakfast, filet o hashbrowns or any of their burger products. Spoiled by Shake Shack. And Republique. And Cosa Buona. And Mozza. … Damn it, this whole thing is my fault.

4 Likes

Fair enough but I still adhere to a few antiquated food rules. My own rules. No ketchup on scrambled eggs or hot dogs. No soy sauce on white rice. No cheese on tacos.

One of the easiest ways to get our daughter to do something she doesn’t want to do is to tell her that otherwise we will have dinner at McD

3 Likes