FTC meet up

What is the the lounge and how do we go there ?

is that like “chapmangion room” ?

You need the secret password. And also the secret handshake.

2 Likes

Sad face

The O’Brien’s one was fun. Although it would have been nice if more people made an effort to circulate more and talk considering we had our own section for the gathering.

It was neat to put faces to some names I’ve known from way back in the CH days.

1 Like

yu shold set new one up.

I would probably swirl in and take a look.

1 Like

in which case a miss is as good as a mile

You need to find something you like. “Nobody likes going to the gym” would be a more accurate assessment.

Have fun, think of it as recreation or a challenge. I never use the word “exercise.” Then it becomes a chore, rather than going out and playing. Like recess was always more fun than P.E.

3 Likes

Hi !

That’s what I think. I choose gardening. But d.h. is a gym rat (he actually likes it) and doesn’t find gardening to be an acceptable form of excercise :unamused:.

:seedling: :deciduous_tree: :cat2: :tulip:

3 Likes

here’s an idea, they’re opening up a beer garden @ Griffith Park

http://laist.com/2017/05/11/griffith_park_beer_garden.php

3 Likes

Seems pretty good to me. Less fuss for all.
We’re in except 5-27, 6-3, 6-17 (tacolandia)

No gyme for me.

I like sunlight, and the udderr physical activityies.

yes. recess fun, pe structure/borinsgs.

Ehh, you pays your money, you takes your chances. I’ve had the opportunity to meet various people through Chowhound and other food groups over the past several years. Some people I never want to meet again and in fact side eye and don’t even bother responding to them anymore online. OTOH, I’ve also had the fortune to make some great friends that I see regularly and meet up to do non-food events.

The possibility of meeting someone you don’t like is a very small price to pay for the chance to make great friends. I’ve done similar meet ups for non-food online groups. Same thing happens, a mix of people who become long term friends, people you never want to see again and a few you’d only want to meet in context of the interest. .

8 Likes

I should probably have fleshed out my post. This was in Reno where there were PERHAPS six people ever replying. So once you went to one or two meet-ups you’d pretty much met all the players. I have a lot more fun talking to non-posters in the area about food. Obviously LA has a huge pool to draw from. Congrats.

2 Likes

That’s why you should get your butt down (or is that up?) here for a visit.

1 Like

I’m in favor of a meet up this summer. Would love to break bread or have a drink with y’all. plus you can pick my brain about things at Eater that we can work on/improve/fix. (or you can tell me how nice of a job we sometimes/occasionally do).

7 Likes

Me too. Hope it happens :slight_smile:.

Hey I know this great ice cream place called Scoops Westside…

alrighty FTC, the time has come.

Our rescue organization is hosting a fundraiser @ Max City BBQ on Tuesday 7/25.

If y’all can make it, this would be a great way to kill multiple birds w/ one stone. I can potentially snag an FTC table if y’all arrive close to the same time.

Tuesday is conveniently also all night happy hour.

8 Likes