FTC meet up

Sounds great! I’ll be there later in the evening after Tennis…

–Dommy!

1 Like

Just reread this. I was telling Bob that we really need to do a “food crawl” - not a “bang bang” - in LA one of these days.

1 Like

Sorry to miss it - will be out of town.

I work late on weekdays, so I’d in all likelihood arrive just as you guys are shutting down.

Hope the fundraiser is a success and that there are lots of FTC’ers there! :smiley:

1 Like

Seems cool. Let me check with the S.O.

What time is tennis @Dommy? I’d like to be there around the same time as other FTC’ers.

I need to make it to Eagle Rock from Westchester after 7:30p So… You best guess is as good as mine… LOL!! But if you see a Mayan in tennis gear, it’s me…

–Dommy!

2 Likes

Oh, you ain’t gonna be getting there until after the last seating, either. :frowning: But I wish you luck.

Thanks! May the traffic gods be on my side. But yes, I do love Corgis and my Dog Rescue kin that much… :wink:

–Dommy!

2 Likes

I wonder what the modern day God of LA traffic looks like and what kind of offering is accepted #americangods

4 Likes

Off-topic: when did we developed threaded forum views???

I had a feeling we should have discussed this in the lounge.

Hi @paranoidgarliclover,

Oh we did? My display is still the same as before.

I’m guessing he looks like a 40-something douchenozzle in a leased BMW. Possibly hairplugs. Definitely capped teeth. Never looks forward since he’s constantly on his phone or primping in the nearest reflective surface.

2 Likes

I meant the meet-up.

But what is “threaded forum views”? Forgive my ignorance, but this site was the first time I ventured into social media.

1 Like

Oh shit. My husband and I screamed at that guy yesterday.

2 Likes

Hey, I just noticed the lurker that prompted my comment was disappeared. Thanks mod magicians!

1 Like

Not sure if I’m using the proper term, but threaded views are when the posts show up in the order of the response, not just in strict chronological order. The posts will also be indented, if they’re a response to another post.

Jase’s post had Dommy’s post embedded and indented when I looked at it a few hrs ago. I was actually going to take a screenshot b/c I was so excited (but didn’t). It now looks “normal” to me, so maybe it was so weird glitch.

Back to the topic… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh thanks @paranoidgarliclover! I looked it up and kinda’ understood, but you clarified it better for a non-techie like me. I’ve seen that format in comments sections of online mags.

But what kind of offering?

I just did the usual block quote. But if someone doesn’t do a block quote and replied to a post, you can see the threaded reply by clicking on the the “1 reply” underneath the original post. Go to Dommy’s post, right under her sig it says “2 replies” and has the arrowhead. Click on that and it’ll pop your reply and mine right under her post.

2 Likes