Gjusta - Venice

Good to know.

Fried chicken alert @Chowseeker1999, @TheCookie, @President_Mochi, @Bigmouth, @A5KOBE, @Bookwich

5 Likes

And artichokes!

I just checked the menu I swiped this past weekend and the fried chicken is on there. How did I miss that???

You were too focused on deciding how many prime ribs to get?

3 Likes

That is quite the conundrum and a fair assessment. I am guessing you can relate?

1 Like

Hi @A5KOBE,

How did you forget the example @PorkyBelly set for us at the last FTC Gjusta Club Meeting??

Just order One Of Everything and you’ll never miss any dish on the menu. :wink: :smile: Remember that for our next FTC Gjusta Club Meeting.

2 Likes

Octopus salad - smallish for a gdinner portion, more like an appetizer. It was light, flavorful and yet still keeping the octopus the main event. The 3 french beans make it a salad which makes it healthy.

My go to ginger lemonade, so damn refreshing.

Fried chicken dinner - the chicken was super moist and tender, most likely Mary’s organic chicken but not 100% sure. The quality flavor of the chicken meat is great. The batter was very crunchy, stayed on relatively well but I did enjoy dipping the straggler pieces of crust in their really well done chili honey sauce. Wow! That sauce was super balanced, I used the dill buttermilk dressing once and the rest was that addictive chili honey sauce. It had a good heat level, not for the heat sensitive.

Thanks @PorkyBelly for the rec!

Post dinner buko pie bang from Sari Sari I picked up earlier that day.

15 Likes

lamb pizza
good but not as great as gjelina’s lamb pie.

tempura soft shell crab, remoulade, grilled lemon
good

fried chicken, pickles, buttermilk dressing, honey hot sauce
a bit unevenly fried but still crispy and moist. honey hot sauce is delicious.

breast

carrot salad

kazunori

after-gdinner sushi

I finally realized why they use such warm rice, it’s to distract you from the ice cold fish
toro

yellowtail

salmon

crab

12 Likes

After dinner sushi. I bow down.

2 Likes

Hey another illustrious FTCer (one whom you’d recognize IRL) was at KazuNori tonight!

2 Likes

I don’t know which part I smiled more at…carrot salad or after dinner KazuNori rolls. Thanks for the fun!

1 Like

Missed him again!

As I wrote to @J_L last night: Kazunori is like sitting at a blackjack table in Vegas. You got your dealer and fellow players. A pit boss in the back. And you leave quite happy and also feeling, vaguely, cheated.

Though, I suppose, for some, it is not so “vaguely.”

8 Likes

Another successful evening. Soft shell crab, prime rib, green beans, and zero wait.

8 Likes

Any update on liquor availability or BYOB?

now serving wine and beer

2 Likes

how was the prime rib?

Fantastic as always (though even asking for extra horseradish, never enough). Went with the plate rather than the sandwich given we were sharing. Should’ve probably asked for extra bread to sop up the juice afterwards too.

2 Likes

Looks like Gjusta Gdinner is less of a secret now. We stopped by for dessert at 9pm last night (Meyer lemon cake and banana cream pie - so good) and it was pretty bustling. Not Sunday 11am level craziness but all the patio tables and counter seats were occupied.

2 Likes

Funny, we went to Gjusta last night around 9pm - was our first time at dinner. They were out of the fried chicken and prime rib :frowning:

Was told to try the brisket plate given I had wanted the prime rib plate. Was skeptical given brisket is not cooked medium rare like prime rib, but this was delicious and decadent. They leave the brisket in the juice. It came with a small slice of bread and some arugula to help ease the consumption of the brisket.

Anchovy toast - this was just half of it, since my SO chowed hers down before I was able to snap the picture. Gjusta bread along with their cured anchovy. Winning combo!

This was our “dessert” - duck confit toast with apricot jam. As they put this on our table, we were told they were fans of our ordering :slight_smile: the duck confit was unctuous and rich, and the sweetness from the apricot jam added a nice flavor boost at the end of every bite without being cloying.

Chickpea stew and soft shell crab. The crab was well executed - the batter was light and the crab was cooked well. However, I think it’s hard to screw up fried soft shell crab.

The chickpea stew was really satisfying - it included a dollop of yogurt that lent some brightness to the proceedings. It had a bit of spiciness along with some acidity from the tomatoes to go with the richness of the stew.

12 Likes