Get thee to ST Patisserie

Kouign Amann :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Mille Feuille :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Still $38 this year.

1 Like

BTW, the Kouign Amann is only available Saturday. They can make it if you call a day ahead but it depends on when the chef is there. I’m sure you would have to order more than one.

1 Like

I already purchased mine. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for the intel.

1 Like

Got mine this year. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

6 Likes

My cousin ordered 2 for our annual dinner. I was most disappointed that one was not an exotic. However they did taste good.

4 Likes

Hey, at least your cousin went to ST Patisserie. My relatives brought Susie Cakes coconut cake which was borderline inedible because of the outer frosting being cloying sweet. Everyone ended up eating the inside which was good.

I’ll gladly trade relatives for the holidays. :joy::joy:

1 Like

She went there because I told her to, but non-compliance occurred because she and her parents don’t believe that passion fruit is a traditional Christmas buche flavor.
Susie Cakes is hard for me to eat…too cloyingly sweet for me. My kids love the hell out of their celebration/confetti cake. I did try their cranberry cake once and found that to be fairly good.

looks good… a friend just brought a Tropezienne to the NYE party from Moulin somewhere in OC and it was tremendous. Way better than Tropezienne from La Tropezienne on La Brea

Interesting. I have eaten there and the food was so so. Never had the bakery items because in OC it is usually Sidecar and ST Patisserie.

FYI ~ I stopped by yesterday and they had a sign in the door stating they are moving to Tustin.

3057 Edinger Ave, Tustin CA 92780

1 Like

Thanks for the info @A5KOBE. The new location seems like a downgrade in terms of exposure / foot traffic, etc. I hope things work out for them; great pastries.

I actually like the move for myself as I am always in the Tustin District/Diamond Jamboree area more so than SoCo. In the new vicinity there is J Zhou, Cream Pan, Portola, Tim Ho Wan, Meet Fresh, Sichuan Impression, Kang Hodang, Chef Hung, Coco Ichibanya, Kitakata Irvine, and Chan Chan Food House.

Can grab a katsu sando at Cream Pan, ramen at Kitakata, and dessert at ST Patisserie all within 5 minutes of each other.

4 Likes

That sort of high capacity bangbanging ought to be… encouraged. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi @A5KOBE,

Nice! :slight_smile: Oh I meant (at least on Google Maps) it looked like the small area ST moved to isn’t in a high foot traffic area? Or is it? Yah it looks close enough (by car) to all of the other places you mentioned which is nice.

You’re correct about foot traffic however I found that most people at SoCo tended to wander into Susie Cakes next door and not ST Patisserie. I think the move is tactful in that the whole area is being developed into the Tustin Legacy master planned community for a demographic that I think ST will benefit from. The new location is right near some brand new single family housing and newly build apartment complexes. Not sure how they will do there, but it might be a great gamble given how much money is being tossed around.

1 Like

Can always try their creations made for Midori Matcha Cafe in Pasadena and Costa Mesa.

Credit: Yelp

3 Likes