Gjusta - Venice

Great report @NYCtoLA, unfortunately they didn’t have the prime rib nor fried chicken.

Not bad for a 3rd option though :rofl:

Perhaps a prime rib x porchetta x brisket trifecta in the works…hmmm

2 Likes

Lett being let gjo.

6 Likes

Gjoddamnit. :rage: They better not ruin this place.

8 Likes

Egjads.

2 Likes

It’s official I guess. Lett is gjone from the Gjusta gjroup.

1 Like

I wonder where he will gjo… Gjuessing he’ll gjust do some gjourmet gjuest chef gjigs.

5 Likes

FML

Ahsobsibsibsib

1 Like

Any recent trips to see if there is a downhill alert at Gjusta without Lett?

Not that i have noticed based on a recent Pozole and a recent gdinner

2 Likes

So, who’s gonna try it first?

4 Likes

I’ve had the lobster roll there and it was quite tasty, with a decent amount of lobster for $25. It came on pain de mil rather than the traditional split-top roll and included chips. I almost had it again tonight but opted for the prime rib butcher instead. The photo, of course, has nothing to do with the lobster roll…looks more like a crawfish boil.

8 Likes

I like how you roll @NewTrial. Lobster and prime rib sounds like a lovely surf and turf gdinner.

3 Likes

driver’s seat dining part 3

Make sure to call ahead for cjurbside pickup, I was able to bypass the qjueue and was in and out in under five minutes.

italian - ciabatta, sopressa, mortadella, ham, chopped escarole, pickled peppers, fontina, aioli, red wine vinegar #covid15

8 Likes

I’m ordering that the next time I come.

The Italian wrapped up like that seems like a much more manageable sandwich to eat compared to the Italian when you eat in. Especially if you are eating in your car or on top of your hood. Looks great as usual.

Gdinner @ Gjusta is going strong in the new world of COVID dining. And they’re now taking reservations on Open Table. In addition to the back patio, the parking lot / formerly unpermitted dining area on the side is set up with lots of well-spaced tables. Busy but not mobbed at 7 pm on Saturday. No pics because hungry family.

We had: melon & prosciutto, tempura squash blossom salad, Italian sandwich, meatball plate, chicken parmesan plate. Melon was juicy but kind of flavorless; everything else was up to the usual amazing Gjusta standards. Squash blossoms were new to me and so so good. Super light crispy batter, creamy cheesy filling, with a simple cucumber and tomato salad.

As for dessert, they ran out of carrot cake just as we ordered it. So as a consolation prize we had a plum cake and an apricot nun. Both really different and delicious.

7 Likes

If they’re taking reservations does that mean they have table service?

Reservations are available from 7:00am to 8:15pm.

Yes they have a host stand out in the parking lot now they don’t like you to go inside unless you are buying from the display case to go

Does someone come to your table to take your order?