Good Takeout Options for NYE?

My cousin and his wife just moved from Montreal to Brentwood and we’re spending NYE together. I was hoping to convince them to go to the Cicada Club for Dean Mora’s NYE party but it doesn’t seem like their thing so we’ll probably be spending a low-key evening at their pad. At the best of times, I’m skeptical of their meal choices but given that they know less of the city than I do, well, I’m taking charge! I have no plans all day and don’t mind driving just about anywhere within reason. I was thinking maybe takeout from Mozza but we’re going to the Newport Beach outpost the week before while visiting in-laws in OC. Any suggestions would be helpful; could be basic stuff (Chinese, Mexican, pizza, etc) or could be something more interesting/creative. I’ve never bothered with takeout in L.A. because I’m always traveling on vacation and eating out so your help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Gjusta has really good take out options. You could do some of their mixed salads, house cured charcuterie and fish. Some pizza, sandwiches, entrees, and bread.

They have pretty much everything you need. Check out some of the threads for more food ideas.

http://foodtalkcentral.com/search?context=topic&context_id=6375&q=GjustA&skip_context=true

2 Likes

That’s a great idea; thanks so much!

1 Like

+1 gjusta
sichuan impression
roberta’s
jon & vinny’s
noree thai/luv2eat
maple block

2 Likes

Sinners and Saints on Lincoln Blvd near Washington in Venice has nice pastry/dessert mini trartlette things - one to two bites per. They usually carry 8-12 different varieties.

1 Like

If you’re looking for dessert I would recommend pre ordering bite sized 16 piece set from Artelice patisserie. They also have full sizes in their case they are delicious. Pic from yelp

4 Likes