Go's Mart sushi

PSA… They went a little overboard at the fish market today… tons of goodies

4 Likes

Seiko Kani chawan mushi loaded with roe and guts was mighty tasty.

11 Likes

Hot damn!

1 Like

I’m in.

is that wasabi on top of the shrimp or a lobe of its brain?

the kind of question you only see on FTC

@sgee, was it north or south of $185?

2 Likes

Yup, brain/guts on both shrimp.

@Ns1 north of $185.

1 Like

Thanks. Guess I’ll stick with n/naka lol

1 Like

Ebi miso & shako miso are driving me nuts - I gotta has its.

1 Like

Issa good shizzzzz

Sadly I’m no longer youthful enough to plan 3 mths in advance (let alone a week).

Go’s works perfectly for me, to drop by in my wife beater Ts without reservations. And the food just comes rolling out … One man show, no worries about being stuck with a lesser sous and I can always count on an interesting list of ingredients.

Having said that whenever I recommend the place to friends, it comes with a pharma grade list of warnings…

Is there gold on one of them?

Go-san is one of the few shokunin who realize the full importance of gold in the human diet.

… And makes damn sure every single one of his customers gets his/her 200% USRDA of gold in every meal.

2 Likes

Are there a lot of truffle salts and/or oils on his fish?
I seem to recall – perhaps from an ancient JGold piece – mention of a lot of that stuff which i don’t particularly enjoy.

kiyokawa–the original version, not whatever it’s turned into now–had some of that stuff too but with a relatively light touch. caviar and a bit of gold leaf on some pristine bigeye tuna is what i remember.

Yes, most items come adorned with something… truffle oil, salts, yuzu etc. Definitely not everyone’s cup of tea, purists’ nightmare…