Great Shrimp, Crab or Calamari Dishes?

I’ve always liked the grilled octopus at Ulysses Voyage. Tony’s Taverna used to have a good version, too.

1 Like

I eat the whole f-in’ heads. No trace of any shrimp is to be left.

2 Likes

That was actually the first time I’ve eaten there (it was a work lunch) and I was pleasantly surprised. The food was better than I expected (since the food overall @ Farmers Market can be hit or miss–not the butchers/grocers who are mostly good, but the restaurants/food stalls) and it was nice sitting out on the patio on a beautiful day for lunch.

Make sure to ask for a separate dish of soy sauce with sliced green chile peppers and a splash of sesame oil for a dipping sauce.

It’s like getting two different dishes for the price of one.

1 Like

I agree with Coni Seafood for shrimp dishes.
I like the raw blue crab and papaya salad at Ruen Pair.

1 Like

Great tip as always - thanks.

Carabineros at the newly opened Hanjip in Culver City:

2 Likes

Both the grilled and the fried calamari at Connie and Ted’s are delicious:

Imgur

1 Like

that looks really interesting—what’s in the skillet besides calamari?

Arugula, breadcrumbs and a tomato-based sauce.

1 Like

nice

Had the King Crab Esquite from Portsmouth in Whittier tonight. It was like elote but with King crab…legit and delish all at the same time.

King crab, corn, aioli, cotija espuma, guajillo powder, lemon

2 Likes

That looks amazing!

Scopa Italian Roots had a great seafood salad as an antipasti – sous vide octopus, calamari and shrimp, mixed with beans, lemon, parsley and chillies. It was heavy on the protein and delicious.

They also have a really nice fried calamari with squid ink batter. We liked it so much, we ordered another one.

I am a big fan of Fishing With Dynamite, and I love their chowder.

So under rated! Love that place! :slight_smile:

–Dommy!

1 Like