Gus Fried Chicken reports? (Crenshaw and Pico)

Perhaps you had a bad batch? I don’t recall its being especially salty when I’ve gone.

1 Like

Agreed, possibly give it another try been to a couple different locations for Gus’ never had an anything but fresh, hot, crispy ,and well seasoned fried chicken.

1 Like

Yep! I’m pretty sensitive to salt and the couple of times I’ve had it wasn’t anything that was off putting.

–Dommy!

They have updated their menu, mostly the prices and the specials.

Pasta Sister’s is only a few blocks north, so…

Oh did they open up a new location on Glenoaks?

=D

So as I was eating delicious chicken last night I couldn’t help but think to myself “man, this is definitely not a low sodium meal”. I can certainly see how some people view this as too salty.

this is what’s been keeping me from going…but I still think I’ll give it a shot in the near future.

Any recent Gus’s reports? Are the wings still the way to go?

Just went there, the chicken is all good, I prefer thighs and wings.

The thighs are baby sized. lol

Chess pie, greens and fried pickles.

2 Likes

I think the white meat tastes great if you eat it there. If you’re bringing stuff home, thighs/wings all the way.

2 Likes

Amen

2 Likes

Thanks all. We ended up getting the wing special plus a side of okra as my friend was craving the latter. The wings were great – crisp and well seasoned – but the fried okra was amazeballs.

Also, I can’t recall if someone already mentioned this, but they don’t allow you to pay extra and sub the nonstandard fried sides like okra on plates anymore.

1 Like

We can’t get enough of their stuff. And JGizzy was right about that damn chess pie… wooo

3 Likes

Do they have any specials?

Monday Special
4 drumsticks and 2 sides for $8.50

3 Likes

Wow, how have I never heard about this.

Tuesdays is Tennessee (too many double letters) Tuesdays lunch special but i didn’t read to see what that is

Saw signage for Gus on first and sycamore in DT Santa Ana. Didn’t get a chance to snap a picture but the logo and font match Gus signage.

2 Likes

Santa Ana Gus fried chicken now open

3 Likes