Hash brown waffles!

I bought a waffle iron recently and have been looking for things other than plain ole waffles. This is it!!!

http://www.foodandwine.com/video/how-make-hashbrowns-waffle-iron?xid=soc_socialflow_twitter_fw

2 Likes

Very cool idea

3 Likes

Be still my heart!!! I’m going to make that spaghetti. Would it be enabling for you to tell me I ‘need’ that cookbook??? :smile:

2 Likes

You ask somebody who has 700+ cookbooks if you need a new cookbook ? That’s like asking a catholic priest if he likes young boys.

1 Like

Yay! We have a cookbook junky here folks. It’s the thread I miss from CH. There is a cookbook thread buried somewhere here on FTC. Maybe @honkman can revive it. I’d like to hear about your latest & favorites.

1 Like

LOL! Get these behind me Satan :slight_smile: I only have maybe 50. Did a purge a couple of years ago.

And if you’ve actually cooked from them.

1 Like

Just an fyi. I ordered the book :slight_smile: Already had a BBQ one in my Amazon cart so got free shipping. I ONLY go for free shipping.

Don’t we all buy for the free shipping ? Once our move to Boston is done soon I will also fill up again on cookbooks

MORE??? LOL. Go get 'em :slight_smile:

Second time making them; first photo. I’m not sure I want to eat potatoes any other way :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I added some minced red onion, butter, s&p, rpf. Heated the iron for a long time. Dark brown and spicy. Terrific. Sorry no photo.

1 Like

Fixed a different version last night; no photo. Leftover mac n cheese with leftover baked potato. Just a good. I’m hooked!

2 Likes

Did you put the mac n cheese inside the baked potato waffle??

If so, similarly, this weekend I tried to convince a friend to put Lucky Charms in the pancakes we were making, but she was not having it.

2 Likes

I scooped the potato out of the shell and mixed it with the mac n cheese.

Um, oh thank you, this is brilliant. Really, I have never been able to get a consistent crispy-ness to hash browns, and the first time I tried in the waffle iron, crunchy perfection.

2 Likes

Ok , It’s time for me to try this . Makes sense . I have a old General Electric waffle maker with the chrome top . Makes those four waffles in one . Will make the waffle hash browns . Also got me thinking of you can turn the top and bottom plates over to the flat griddle side and possibly do the same making the hash browns. ( Makes a fabulous grilled cheese ) . I am going to experiment with the hash brown idea and also latkes .

1 Like

Let us know! I’m sure hooked…and spreading the word elsewhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pictures please. Oooh… Latkes too! Do you have a good recipe for those? My girlfriend makes great ones… Super savory & crispy. But she won’t give me the recipe.