Hatchet Hall - Holy Fuckk

Why would you think so? A massive smokehouse burned down eviscerating the supply of those hams, right? It takes months/years just to cure those hams, nevermind actually setting up or rebuilding the warehouse.

Aren’t they pretty much gone until at least next year?

1 Like

My understanding is that only the Edwards Smokehouse burned down.

I’m not sure how that effects the other hams that are usually offered, since there have always been different varieties made available. Perhaps higher demand?

They was a ham option when I went last week (and boy was it tasty)… But maybe they only had a limited supply and ran out.

This place bored the crap outta me.
Everything I’ve had on my two visits has been perfunctory and passable with no standouts.
Service is either hot or cold, depending on their mood, I guess.

Bar in back is very good, I’ll give it that.

2 Likes

lol how “informative”

No pictures, no comments about anything actually served.

Good shit.

I knew i would get that kind of response from you just from reading your overblown, pretentious bs.
Done with tbis forum already

6 Likes

Lol

1 Like

Went last night and it was jammed at 8:45, a bit loud inside, but the patio was nice, so we ate out there. Everything was terrific. Started with the endive, fennel, walnut, and apple salad with cheddar dressing, as well as the arugula with smoked tuna dressing, bottarga and breadcrumbs. Absolutely amazing flavors. (Large portions on the salads by the way --three of us barely finished the salads.) Two orders of the yeast rolls hit the spot with the salads. The asparagus with polenta, fried egg and ham vinaigrette was also delicious. Split the pork chop among the three of us – we were getting full fast, especially since ordered both the roasted yams (with a lightly salted skin which was a nice counterpoint to the sweetness of the yam) and the beef fat potatoes with white cheddar. Pork chop was outstanding. The potatoes were very good, though the beef fat potatoes are pretty rich. (Small portion, but more than enough given how rich it was.) An order of the grilled fava beans was also solid, but not quite the knock out that other dishes were. For dessert we had the sticky toffee pudding and peanut butter buckeye pie. The pudding was very good, but the pie was even better --almost a chocolate peanut butter cheese cake with flecks of peanut brittle.

With a couple of lemonades, a barrel aged Old Fashioned, a Brandy Punch and a glass of wine, the total, without tip, was just under $200. Granted, we only had one main course, but it was plenty, given the number of sides, and the size as well as substance of the salads. So many interesting things on the menu. We’re hooked. We will probably try and go earlier if we plan to sit inside, because it was plenty loud when full, but we will definitely go back.Thanks for the heads up on this.

1 Like

@EhKindaSure don’t let 1 guy dissuade you.

There is bound to be at least one in every forum.

Looking forward to your future posts and contributions!

7 Likes

Ditto.
Don’t pay too much attention to Aesthete and you’ll be fine.
Aesthete is the (sorta-kinda) D. Trump of FTC - LA. A bully and a know-it-all demagogue but also a tireless supporter and champion of what he believes in, an intrepid searcher for something he likes and more than occasionally, right on the mark. Takes all kinds.

2 Likes

Does that mean the rest of us suck?

5 Likes

THIS IS THE NIGHT! lol…

Any suggestions for wine places around there? Serious wine places

Hatchet Hall.

I’ve never had better wine pairing with food in my life than what their somm Maxwell provides with their good if you ask him to pair stuff for you.

I’m not being hyperbolic in this opinion. I have never enjoyed wine as much as at Hatchet Hall when Maxwell pairs the wines to the food anywhere else as far up as Saison in SF. Certainly far better than the pairings I had at Maude last week as well.

I guess if you really need to buy a bottle, you could go over to Ester’s beforehand.

But I HIGHLY recommend wine at Hatchet Hall if you are willing to just ask Maxwell to pair things for you.

So you think all other wine pairings suck?

9 Likes

You beat me by 10 minutes - that sucks. Ah crap - that means I suck.

3 Likes

Oh, no that’s going to be happening. Just we’re going to be drinking for two hours prior to HH in CC lol.

I don’t need to buy wine, i have a vast cellar. Just want to hit some wine bars prior to dinner.

I do.

I always try them and they always suck. HH is the only place I’ve ever thought they were worth the money.

Charcoal has nice wine. The Corner Door by HH has decent wine I think too. I’m not sure there are any great wine bars near by though. CC seems to be a cocktail and beer place mostly haha

There was a wine dedicated place across the street from CC Hotel but it was rather lacking. All good, thanks. We’ll make due. Probably take her to Blind Barber first instead.

Bottle Rock?