Hayato (Downtown L.A.): A Pictorial Essay

And what makes you think it’s not that way for me? :wink: #happywifehappylife

4 Likes

The difference is that I can’t sustain this lifestyle. LOL.

3 Likes

Dump Le Bernardin. Sucks now, IMHO.

What’s SGO?

Society of Gynecolgic Oncolgists?

2 Likes

I love seafood and Providence so I can’t miss out on Le Bernardin.

Sushi Ginza Onodera

2 Likes

But please do not replace it with NYC Japanese which also kind of lags behind LA in so many ways.

1 Like

Cool. Thanks.

Not in high-end sushi, high-end yakitori, high-end kushiage, high-end tempura, high-end shabu-shabu, and high-end kaiseki, imo.

3 Likes

I didn’t want to say anything cause my info is a few years old but a friend of mine who knows her way around a kitchen and fine dining was super disappointed. She treated us to lunch at Jean Georges which was just wonderful.

Great photography and writing as usual @J_L

As depicted in your essay, Chef Go’s restaurant, cuisine and his countenance remind me of the refinement and tranquility of Japanese tea ceremony. Should similar rules of etiquette apply here?

Some I can think of are not wearing strong cologne, perfume and scented hair spray; don’t engage in controversial topics (including mention of other restaurants unless asked by the chef); avoid being too garrulous; be ok with silence at times during the meal, but be cordial with others in greeting at the beginning and end of the evening.

If I’m off the mark, by all means please call me on it.

2 Likes

I think those rules should apply everywhere.

7 Likes

I agree, but in LA, it seems many people are oblivious or subversive.

1 Like

FIFY

3 Likes

@ipsedixit touché! :rofl:

Good decision. I would not alter my plans for “Sucks now, IMHO”. Not enough info.

Super offensive. The ‘some don’t know the customs, therefore they’re heathens’ thing is getting kind of tired. I and generations of mine have been taught to be polite. It takes you a long way in life… in Japanese restaurants too, where my ineptitude manages to charm even itamae with reps for ornery-ness. :wink:

4 Likes

wow after 2 meals at n/naka and not being impressed, definitely stoked on Hayato…looks insane.

If only I wasn’t so broke my from my tokyo trip (and unemployed atm). Anyone want to sponsor me to eat out or hire me for a job?

Just checked Resy: 8/31 & 9/1 slots still available!

Guys. Any dress code at Hayato? I don’t wanna show up looking like a out-of-place bum when I get there tomorrow…