Hayato (Downtown L.A.): A Pictorial Essay

@PorkyBelly

3 Likes

Thanks SO much for ‘piggy-backing.’ For those of us who plan a visit to LA some day it will make it so much easier.

Yeah. I’ll probably be trying to go back in October.

1 Like

You two hounds, @PorkyBelly & @J_L, probably know this already, but both your reports are linked in an article about Hayato on Eater LA. I found your lovely reports, from clicking on the 2 links in the article. :smile:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/la.eater.com/platform/amp/2018/8/2/17644522/hayato-row-japanese-open-dinner-omakase-kaiseki

1 Like

He looks like a matinee idol.

And he is one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. Completely devoted to his calling, yet so humble, and always very happy to talk about his food, techniques, sourcing, etc.–he never acts like one’s questions are “stupid.” The restaurant is austere but he makes the place feel warm and welcoming. All of that is the icing on the cake of the best dinners I’ve ever had in LA.

8 Likes

Okay, now I really want to go. :blush:

Side bar: his hair would’ve made a young Michael Corleone jealous.

1 Like

:rofl:

Or Mrs. Maisel’s husband Joel:

3 Likes

YES!!! I wish my hair would do matinee idol stuff like that. ::sigh:: Oh, well. We all must have some flaws… :wink:

1 Like

Top 5 reasons to visit an L.A. eatery in 2019:

5 The parking is easy.
4 The chef won some sort of something on Hulu on Season something.
3 The chef’s name is Sergio.
2 The chef coif.
1 Toto.

(Honorable mention: They still take cash.)

6 Likes

Oh blech to Joel. Hair alone doesn’t make the man.

Awww… Joel Maisel. I was rooting for him.

1 Like

I’m putting your Top 5 in the imaginary Top 5 FTC Comments of 2019.

… and I’m nominating “Oh blech to Joel” too.

1 Like

Actually we’re watching old episodes from Amazon Prime so maybe I’ll like him later.

Spoiler Alert

I shall no longer read this thread. Which will please many people, I’m sure :slight_smile:

Just came back from the most amazing dinner. Chef Go mentioned that the new record was 6 bowls. Lol

6 Likes