Heading back to animal for first time in a while

The url I am on says FoodTalkCentral.com ?

1 Like

Huh?? Last time i checked, at least half of the threads here are about pizza, tacos, sandwiches and ramen

3 Likes

I think that the posters who have the largest food budgets are also the posters who dine out more frequently and have more info to share with the rest of us—therefore those folks are more active on this forum.

1 Like

Tacos and ramen aren’t “high-end” places, high quality yes.

Yes, that’s a fair point I suppose, but given that the people with the high budgets do most of the contributing, it seems more than fair to assume whoever you are talking to is one of them since they are actively replying to you on a forum where most of the posts are made by people with large dining budgets…no?

You are proving my point so beautifully for me lol

I didn’t even use the words “high end” I literally just said “high quality”.

And by arguing that these options are indeed the epitome of cheap eats, you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the majority of people here have massive food budgets.

I’m well aware that your average person cannot afford to drive an hour in the afternoon to spend $20-$30 on a bowl of perfect tsukemen at the hottest join in LA/OC area.

However, I don’t feel the need to pretend to be an average person, nor do I feel the need to pretend a forum like this is composed of mostly average people, when clearly it is not.

You have illustrated this point most gloriously in your reply =)

K, if you want to quote one post, and then reply to a non-quoted one, that’s on you. Not sure how you intend to communicate properly taking such measures?

I’m just saying not every post on here is about some “high-end” place as you have claimed.

Boy do I disagree with that statement….

1 Like

You must truly be new here.

3 Likes

Does anyone happen to know what a fucking prole is ???

I edited my reply. I’m not sure when your actual join date is, but many of us are CH-ex pats. We’ve had many of those discussions before, and this board is so new we have not yet had those discussions again.

1 Like

To be clear, that was a quote of a quote from @Aesthete

1 Like

Did not mean to imply that was from you…sorry PorkyBelly.

If you still think “Nearly every post is about some high-end place.” Than i’m done arguing with you.

4 Likes

good idea

4 Likes

… er whatever.

This thread is getting a bit sidetracked.

Let’s please return the focus on food, and avoid discussions about whether this forum, or any other fora, focuses on a particular class of restaurants or a particular class of diners.

And also please remember to avoid direct commentary on specific posters that characterize them as either one type of diner or another. In fact, let’s avoid characterizing any poster as anything.

Thank you for understanding.

9 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: “how are we supposed to communicate without some idea of the class of posters here?”