Help me out with Night + Market Song

You could say that same thing about any dish…

I couldn’t.

You can make your own noodles and curry but not rice? Lol

Hard to believe my friend, hard to believe :stuck_out_tongue:

@Aesthete, maybe you should try to stop using the word hate. It’s a strong word, and when you use it, it sounds like you are exaggerating or jumping to conclusions, or like an attack. And you use it often.

Practice more nuance, okay? Not everything is black and white.

And I’m saying this in the nicest, most sincere way possible. Here is an emoji for you. :innocent:

4 Likes

He’s fine.

Sour sausages were very nice though not very sour. I could have used a third chile.

Catfish and pork fat “tamale” was great and unlike anything I’ve had before.

Larb with pork liver and blood was excellent. Seemed toned down as far as chiles.

Great wine list, which was the main reason I went there instead of Luv2Eat.

1 Like

Thanks to @Haeldaur’s advice, I used Postmates to get food delivered from Night + Market WeHo yesterday.

The wings were good, the pad Thai okay (not enough flavor), and the tom yum was fabulous. It was murky and spicy and I couldn’t stop eating it.

Papaya salad.

Spicy and tart, perfect for the 105 degree weather… Does anyone know what the nuts are?

They appear to be boiled peanuts?

Wow, they are so different from roasted peanuts. I’ve had them before, but was never sure what I was eating.

The other things that come off real strong in delivery are the nam khao tod, the startled pig, and their noodles with octopus and chicken/pad see ew. Both of those noodles are way better than their pad thai. The nam khao tod comes with separated sections for the crispy rice salad and the saucy/porky part, so you mix upon arrival–works great.

Go there and eat that.

2 Likes

Could the the FTC Mantra…

Pork toro was my #2 dish of the meal. Simple but great.

larb tod, good but I preferred the larb lanna

Padang en nuea with roti, seemed totally Singaporean to me. The owner told us it’s based on a particular restaurant in Bangkok.

The pastrami pad kee mao had a nice char, lot of wok hay

nam khao tod, nice and crunchy

Didn’t get photos of the desserts. Mango with sticky rice sprinkled with crunchy rice was great. Hot roti with ice cream was good but by that point I was too stuffed.

That larb lanna is meat crack.

5 Likes

Overall what were your thoughts? I know from your past visits you head over to Thai town a lot. I still feel like there’s something about Night Market that is a level above (but different from) a lot of the thai town places. Maybe it’s not worth the price premium to some, but I still love it.

If you order right you can eat as well there as at any of the best traditional Thai places, and they have a great wine list.

Thanks for the tip!

Is this the one that has sweet potato in it? I really liked that one.

I don’t recall sweet potato. The menu says short rib.

1 Like

Thanks. The curry I’m thinking of may have been a special. If you see it, it’d def worth getting (although you won’t find it spicy).

The sweet potato curry is massaman