Here's Looking At You

Best things about Here’s Looking at You:

Cocktails – best in LA contenders
Food is eclectic and interesting
Food is sometimes very good (and always pretty good)

1 Like

Several of the dishes I had were less than pretty good, but they were all things that appear only on the brunch menu.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCYz5YYjBOB/

2 Likes

This was on my to-do list. Damn

1 Like

I’m gonna miss this place

This is very sad, one of the few boogie restaurants I thought was really good and very la. We will see a lot more of this in immediate future i fear

3 Likes

The tomatoes with bagna cauda and lap cheong was an all time dish for me.

Sad. The cocktails were the best in town in my opinion. It was a favorite of my wife who likes bold flavored food.

The owner of Here’s Looking at You was featured on the DNC convention last night as an example of the toll COVID has taken on the restaurant industry. Pretty sad stuff.

5 Likes

7 Likes

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-hlay

5 Likes

they should start up a kickstarter of some form with incentives.

1 Like

They have incentives if you keep reading the gofundme notes.

1 Like

might as well not be an incentive at those levels. Only 24 donations have even reached the first level at a minimum of $250 for a t-shirt . $500 for a reservation on night 1.

I was thinking $50 and you get a cocktail which other restaurants/bars have done (at even lower levels)

4 Likes

Yep. I understand that the point of a gofundme is that people give you some money but how many people could possibly have enjoyed this restaurant enough to just throw them $500? These are the worst rewards I’ve ever seen. Also, they said some of the funds will be used to buy a new chandelier. Wtf haha. I’m not in a financial position to give a restaurant $500 to resurrect itself, but I’m certainly not in a spot to give a resto $500 dollars to buy a new entry way chandelier.

3 Likes

ISO investors - 0% return.

3 Likes

It’s tricky giving money to a business when you have no purchase into financials or control of where the money goes. But that’s just me. No judgment on donating. There are emotional rewards and what not. I quite liked HLAY and hope it comes back.

Related: does anyone know if restaurant owners hold personal liability on their restaurant leases? I know NYC tried to solve this problem early in the pandemic…

Warrior: I think the owners deserve more sympathy and support. I’ll give them something tonight.

Typically independent restaurants are owned by LLCs to avoid that, though there could be a clause in the lease establishing personal liability.

1 Like