Himalayan Curry & Grill

Tried out a new Indian restauarant, well-rated on Yelp and on my Entertainment card. Very pleasantly surprised. Located in Mission Gorge area in a strip center, this is no Indian buffet joint! Classy decor, friendly servers with varying degrees of English proficiency and some unfamiliar dishes all qualify this as a destination restaurant. While I wanted to try some of their Nepalese dishes, we decided to stick with our go-to dishes of Tikka Masala and Tandoori chicken. We were very pleased! The meal started with a tasty complimentary lentil soup, followed by a generous salad complimented by a delicious Himalayan spiced dressing. Then our entrees arrived. Again a generous serving of succulent dark meat chicken tandoori. The tikka masala sauce was the best I’ve ever tasted; it was thick with shredded vegetables and deep spice–we ordered medium heat and it was perfect. The lamb was a bit overcooked, but who cared? The sauce was the star. One of us chose saffron rice, and the other ordered naan as a side. Both were excellent. Although we had to pack up our leftover entrees, we had to try dessert. We chose one order of sweetened cottage cheese balls in cardamon flavored milk. We both agreed we could have eaten a full serving all to ourselves.

2 Likes