Himmel Haus, S. Lake Tahoe

Since my first visit last year I can’t stop eating here whenever in the South Lake Tahoe. Classic German menu with generous portions of schnitzel, sausages, spatzle, etc. Three German beers on tap in as big a serving as you want them (I stick to a liter) and a large bottle list of German and Belgian beers. $10 house baked warm pretzel app is the size of a dinner plate and served with bacon/onion jam, three mustards and a cheese sauce, wurst plate with one sausage and side of garlicky potatoes and kraut or massive four sausage plate with kraut, pickles and potatoes that could easily feed two. Potatoes were ostensibly mashed but not a lot of cream or butter, more dryish with the skin, with great garlic flavor. They might serve dessert but I’ve never had room left to even consider it.

Large room with a fireplace and another smaller bar area with a fireplace and foosball table. Open space with big tables so great for large groups and also good for kids as they have board games, jenga, etc. and plenty of table space to play them while waiting for your food.

For me, it is the perfect après-snowboard meal. After a full day on the slopes, some sausages, carbs and liter beers you’ll have the best sleep of your life.

http://himmelhaustahoe.com/

1 Like

We’re slated to go skiing in March at Squaw and Heavenly and this looks like a perfect place!
Thanks!
:snowflake:

Cool, I’ll likely be back up then as well.

FYI, everything was solid but the schnitzel, while fine, wasn’t anything special. Wurst platter was great.