Home Cooking 2018

Butternut squash soup to start, then a fancy meatloaf with mashed potaoes and roasted veggies. More comfort food than fancy food.

2 Likes

for something easy and for the fall weather, we like to do a shabu-shabu party.
it’s mostly prep, buy some good meat, chop up the vegetables and all you have to really worry about is all the clean up at the end of the night.
it’s fun and interactive

3 Likes

My fave is what I still call from CH days “Will Owens pork shoulder” @nashwill

Chowhound

Also from CH, this time thew, his oven-baked polenta

And whatever leafy green vegetable you choose - maybe kale?

“We’re souper grateful,
so come grab a spoonful.”

2 Likes

That is so clever that I literally LOLed when I read it. Love it!

i always enjoy a nice butt in the fall

4 Likes

Bread pudding made with leftover morning buns and croissants from Tartine.

7 Likes

Uh, yum!

I didn’t realize there were 2 similar Home Cooking threads. This is getting complicated. :grinning:

You’re a genius.

1 Like

I noticed this. I know it’s been almost 2 months but where did you get those? They look good.

There goes my suggestion of Salad, Crusty Bread, Clam Chowda’ or Oyster Stew.

I :heart: your parties. Pictures please. No pressure, lol.

1 Like

Coquilles St. Jacques - Scallops, Shallots, Shrooms in Cream, Cognac, touch of Curry, Crust of Fresh Bread Crumbs, Parsley, Fontina Val d’Aosta & Baby Swiss.

Bottle of inexpensive, New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc - crisp, tropical fruit notes, slightly tart.

8 Likes

What a fun and easy project, I thought to myself. Little cheese crackers that will look like little pumpkins. :jack_o_lantern:

Okay, they didn’t come out pretty :upside_down_face:, but they taste great, plus it was fun, like a third-grade clay class project.

Here is the recipe, have fun!

4 Likes

Saved! This is exactly the kind of ‘baking’ that I love. Thanks.

Heading out to Mozza, but skull calzones for the boys.

9 Likes

Amazing!! Those are so cool!

2 Likes

Stuffed peppers. Bulk Italian sausage, garlic, onion, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, splash of red wine, orzo. On top of the stuffing I put some arugula and a thick slice of mozzarella. After baking I turned on the broiler. Good stuff.

2 Likes

Love the shabu-shabu idea.

1 Like

Loving my Traeger. Smoked sausages, short ribs and chicken.

3 Likes