Home Cooking 2018

They look like it too.

Baked Thighs w/Lemon & Pan Roasted Fingerlings

I hadn’t thought much about fingerlings other than they were an easy side dish. But I’ve been getting them a lot lately and they have a good, distinctive flavor - earthy & almost floral.

Sautéed Carrots

I usually make these with molasses & sherry vinegar, but I’m still restocking my cabinets from our move. I had honey & apple cider vinegar and they were quite good.

Braised Leeks

These have tough leaves and could have been cooked a tad longer with more of the papery outsides removed. But they’re super easy when done right - tender and delicately flavorful. I’m going to do more while they’re still good.

With a little Lemon Pan Sauce :kissing_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

Please give time and temp on the carrots. It all looks sumptuous.

1 Like

Thanks!

Med-high then low-simmer. Time depends on how many carrots and how done you want them (about 10-15 mins), knife test for doneness. I covered them with a pierced circle of parchment paper.

If you find carrots with tops on, chop up the leaves and use in place of parsley - about tbls cooked with carrots and some for garnish.

Ooh, I like that. Thanks again.

1 Like

Cole Slaw

Did someone ask for vegetarian? I’ll go one better, this is vegan. Cabbage, Carrots, Granny Smith Apples, Scallions, Dried Cranberries, Toasted Walnuts, Veganaise, Ground Mustard, Apple Cider Vinegar, Orange Champagne Vinegar, Honey, Salt, Ground Pepper. I did pair it with BBQ, but you don’t have too. :blush:

1 Like

Looks and sounds great! Just an fyi - it’s cole slaw not cold.

1 Like

That’s funny. I thought it looked wrong (cole vs. cold) then forgot to dble check. Thanks.

And I had to look at it a couple of times :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pasta Probably Not Primavera

Orecchiette, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Shrooms, Capers w/Sauce of Cream, Better than Bouillon Vegetable, Garlic, Onion Powder, Truffle Salt, Smoked Paprika, TJ’s Lemon Pepper Grinder, Dried Italian Seasoning, Cracked Black Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper

…topped with Grated Lemon Peel, Parmesan, Parsley

I added the smoked paprkia and tried to caramelize the vegetables a bit to give the meatless dish more oomph. Tip about the Orecchiette - definitely follow the box instructions when it says stir immediately. These puppies stick together fast.

4 Likes

Like the little ears pasta .

1 Like

Great northern bean soup with ham hocks . Snowing outside. Wine to drink .:wine_glass:Cheers

6 Likes

Looks great. Our snow is over at least for a few days.

1 Like

Soup Season!

Does this still look odd to you @catholiver? It did to me. But it wasn’t until reading @Chowseeker1999’s report on Picuniko that I realized what it was. It’s usually written as one word! Is this the beginning stages of dementia? :relaxed:

1 Like

Well, try this on !

[

Coleslaw - Wikipedia

](Coleslaw - Wikipedia)

Okay, got it. Maybe the two capitalized words are what look odd to me. Anyway, I’m not changing it. :slight_smile:

Bless your heart…and I don’t mean that in the mean Southern way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks way tasty!

1 Like