Home Cooking 2018

My butter poached lobster is taking forever.

I do love using my whisk, though. The beurre monte is so prettily emulsified, if I do say so myself. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just had lunch and am hungry, again. Looks so good!

Oh yum!

Marcella Hazan’s Bolognese

5 Likes

It’s so insanely good, isn’t it? I make a 4x or 5x recipe and freeze in portions. Might as well spend the day on it, eh? When one of our daughters had her first baby, I asked what I could cook. She said that would be great :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is indeed great!!!

I am buying her Essentials book asap

1 Like

A fantastic book. Make her spinach lasagna. It will take all day (also!) but so worth it. Moan worthy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Groundhog Day

Don’t get upset Catholiver, I’m showing a repeat of a dish already posted (Coquille St. Jacques). But stay with me… This recipe was in Ina Garten’s Make it Ahead cookbook. I wanted to test the recipe’s claim and see if it was indeed as good the next day. I just forgot to post the next day results the next day. :relaxed: Behold…

I can see why this recipe made it to The NY Times. The scallops were still nice, plump, sweet, not fishy, the topping was bubbly, crispy golden, even after sitting in the fridge for a day. If you’re making it ahead for guests you can put the breadcrumbs on right before putting it in the oven, but it’s not necessary. This is an excellent, simple but impressive dish. It can be served in ramekins for cocktail parties or for a first course or in a big casserole as the main course.

Note: I usually reduce the butter & salt most food show cooks call for. I think when I make this again I’ll reduce the amount of cream too.

Question: I decided to do a 3rd test (my own, not Ina’s rec). Freezing. But it’s been in the freezer since Oct 30th. Is that pushing it?

1 Like