Howlin' Ray's

so that’s what the white bread is for…

3 Likes

Does anyone ever eat that piece of bread for real for real though?

I did - not proud. Sops up all the juices and spice for you. When I was down to my last couple of bites, I peeled off the remaining meat and put it along with a piece of the battered skin on the bread, folded it over while wiping my red-drenched fingers on the bread and finished it off.

7 Likes

You da man! I would have done the same thing.

We’s alls da mens and womens!! But there’s only one ebethsdad da breadman!!

1 Like

I’m seriously worried about you guys and this pepper thing.

My friend, I have posted this twice before, and someone else posted it a third time, but it is the quintessential explanation, - YouTube

I know. But it’s fun watching again. I’m surprised one of you crazies hasn’t flown to Tennessee to compare it to Howlin’ Ray’s.

2 Likes

IIRC Ipse, the “blue faced guy” has already been there. I trust his judgement.

What did he say?

I guess its not exactly a reply.

2 Likes

Seriously helpful reply. When I got handed a bag full of white bread at Bludso’s, I was like, “WTF do I do w/ this???”

white bread in the style of wonderbread is one of those OG BBQ traditions that needs to die.

2 Likes

You hush your dirty birdy mouth! White wonderbread pairs PERFECTLY with BBQ, especially fatty brisket.

2 Likes

You know what pairs great with fatty brisket? More brisket.

2 Likes

Very funny!

Even the chickens have bigger breasts in LA :fire: :chicken: :poop: #theyrerealandtheyrespectacular #worthit

4 Likes

What does OG stand for?

Original Gangster

2 Likes

I have got to get to this damn place, but I am too proud to wait in line that long to spend tons of money on chicken.

1 Like