Howlin' Ray's

That spot NEEDS a draw. So far, three businesses there have failed. None of those three were destination worthy.

Howlin’ Ray’s lines is proof that no matter where they set up, people will come.

1 Like

That’s my thinking too. If anyone can succeed in that spot, it’s Howlin’ Ray’s.

PSA: They’ve been opening up an hour early at 10am the past couple of days.

2 Likes

Beat me to it. Chef Johnny just tweeted they’re opening at 10am again today.

There no parking in that area, unless you walk 1/2 mile or so from the public lots.

The building did have parking, no? Not much - but I recall parking in it.

1 Like

You recall correctly. There is like four spots in the structure and it’s a PITA to get into and out of. HOWEVER, the Culver City Hall across the street has visitor parking.

–Dommy!

2 Likes

And Eater reports that yesterday the wait was 4.5-5 hours!!!

Yeah. No. Hell no, even.

2 Likes

You earned your medal of comedic perserverence. I vote we have “frommtron” as the password to get a cut in line with FTCers ahead in the line. :+1:

2 Likes

There is no food worth a 5 hour wait

10 Likes

How do people wait that long??? Don’t they have to (to be kind of gross) urinate or, I don’t know, give birth? There’s a lot you can do in 4 hrs…

2 Likes

@paranoidgarliclover you could always hire someone from Task Rabbit to stand in line for you.

True, but I’m cheap. :wink: I should probably learn to outsource, though…

1 Like

Lots of people can go 4 hours without having to pee. Anyone to went to public school in LA can hold it for 8 hours!

3 Likes

Agreed. That’s so fucking lame.

I’m all for an FTC fast pass system. The chicken is really good!

2 Likes

So very true.
However, I’m realizing that the death-by-one-thousand-cuts expletive on Sawtelle may be nearly as bad.
I’ll spare you the details, but the excursion ended with . . . a 20 minute wait for Honeymee. That’s soft serve. 20. Minutes. On a weekday.
Bro. Come. On.

1 Like

Treated my Downtown office to Howlin’ Ray’s for a Holidays luncheon. I suggested for a vendor to wait in line for it. Yay.

13 Likes

You, sir, are a fucking champ.

1 Like