I need prime rib in my life

Prime rib refers to the rib primal, so yes.

While not prime rib, I just had a fantastic Tomahawk Ribeye at Taylor’s in Koreatown last night. Dee-licious!! They do have prime rib on the menu, though, but I don’t know if I’ve had it recently.

Never have a bad meal there, though!

Now this place is divey as hell, but the San Franciscan down in Torrance (SW quadrant-adjacent of Crenshaw/Sepulveda) does a surprisingly good prime rib. Great value, too. But divey as hell.

https://www.costco.com/Japanese-Wagyu-Boneless-Ribeye-Roast%2C-12-lbs.product.100311435.html

Alexander’s, followed closely by EPIC.

Taylor’s has a tomahawk ribeye!!! Is that a special or on their regular menu? and also, how much $? I may need to visit in the near future…

Delicious and a huge portion but “English Cut” slices and Sunday roast is brunch only. Here is the write-up I did a bit ago:

1 Like

The Costco in Culver City had American Wagyu today. Not nearly as beautifully marbled…

It’s a special, though it’s been mentioned as a special several times. It’s huge–I think they said 32 oz? And it cost $98, which served me right for not asking before ordering…but it was soooooo good I really don’t regret it.

I can put back a lot of food, though, and last night’s dinner was my only meal of the day; most diners could probably split a tomahawk ribeye and still be well-sated.

32oz—wow. That’s way more food than I could eat solo (plus I would probably want some escargot and garlic spinach or a double baked potato or mushrooms). Sounds like I need to round up a friend(s) and have an old school steak house experience—could be a pretty fun dinner. I’ll call and see if the tomahawk shows up on a regularly scheduled day or if it makes random appearances. THX!

No problem! I had a half Molly salad to start, and then I split the steamed broccoli with hollandaise side with my dining companion. Note that by “split,” however, I had like 3-4 florets max, while he had quite a few more. I was pretty stuffed by the end of it, but honestly I needed it all to soak-up the martini I had with the meal.

For an OC take, if you’re so inclined, I like Summit House in Fullerton and Five Crowns in CDM.

3 Likes

Whaaatttt? How did I not know of this?!

May need to hit up some WB peeps!

I’ll try to remember to PM you when I see it on the weekly menu.

Oooh - thank you! I’d appreciate it muchly!

Thanks @ipsedixit. I had no idea Alexander’s (SF) did a great prime rib. Let us know how the Pasadena branch compares.

I always order the prime rib at Musso and Frank, along with their housemade potato chips. Their creamed spinach is hit and miss.

Don’t forget a martini!

5 Likes

Are you speaking about the cafeteria or the more formal dining room? I meet a friend who is a VP every couple of months and the security sucks.Admin has to call ahead, licence plate and ID to park, etc. We usually just go somewhere in Toluca Lake cause it’s a PITA- and she’s been there 20 years.

My house…

Yorkshire pudding to complete the experience.

14 Likes

Gjusta
Sandwich or plate
https://www.foodtalkcentral.com/uploads/short-url/6Dj1wO9OmXAlH5cCyr0Gy0LfPUF.jpg

8 Likes