If I drink a Pomegranate juice and Vodka, does that make my cocktail, good for me?

I would say since Pomegranate juice is a ‘Super Food’, I would say Hell, to the yes!
What says you guys?
:cocktail:

3 Likes

I’m gonna say “yup”

1 Like

A healthier choice would be a martini and a piece of fruit. Alcohol is good for you in moderation. Juice is mostly sugar, empty calories.

The snake-oil hype about pomegranate juice was largely based on the assumption that drinking juice has the same benefits as eating whole fruit and that antioxidants are 100% responsible for the health benefits of eating fruit. Studies have not found either to be the case.

2 Likes

I like my link better. . :sunglasses:

1 Like

If your doctor wants you to lower your LDL, it might help, but like grapefruit juice it can have undesirable interactions with some medications.

The notion that pomegranate juice is healthier than other juices was in large part promoted by POM funding studies of pomegranate juice where no similar studies exist for, say, grape or blueberry juice.

Note that POM tries to give the impression that it’s fresh, but it’s actually made from concentrate and refrigerated solely for marketing purposes. You could make your own cheaper by buying pure concentrate.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dgrocery&field-keywords=pomegranate+concentrate

1 Like

A healthy cocktail: supreme an orange, put in a glass with pomegranate seeds, add vodka and club soda.

2 Likes

That reminds me of the thing they make in Mexico, sort of a big bowl of fruit salad with tequila and soda and long straws for everyone to share it.

2 Likes

Sounds refreshing. And there’s always the old college “fill a watermelon with rum” trick.

2 Likes

That’s a good question @Plumeria. I have often wondered that myself.

1 Like

Pom and vodka is still my cocktail of choice this summer and been in the pool every day since after Memorial Day with a cocktail or two and I and I must say that I feel like a billion dollars. . . .must be the Pom juice!

4 Likes

LOL… Everytime you post something it makes me want to invite myself over.

1 Like

A friend of mine just posted that she likes Tito’s vodka and kombucha.

1 Like

Parents are being advised to not give their kids fruit juice but rather FRUIT. Because the amount of sugar in juice is multiples of that in a piece of fruit.

It must be your golden Tan plume that makes you feel like a million bucks also.

2 Likes

I should try that. Maybe with a squeeze of lime or lemon. Sounds good. No sun for me though. I stopped doing that about 40+ years ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

As my beloved Bob Barker would say, ‘Come on Down’. .
:cocktail::swimming_woman:

1 Like

I get so dark that ‘Tan Mom’ is jealous of my color. . .ha ha
The Sunshine Vitamin really does help a myriad of different ailments, none of which I have but I love the sun and water.
:sun_with_face:

1 Like

Now see, I really want to yuck that… but I’ll practice what I preach. :hugs:

1 Like