I'm Craving

Si papi…
I need to hang up in LA more…food is probably the best on the planet…
Going in May to Vegas…can’t friggin’ wait!
:tongue:

1 Like

Soft Shell Crab Sandwich
Shrimp & Grits
Garlic Fries from AT&T Ballpark
Anchor Steam Draft
Pistachio Gelato
Caesar salad with anchovies and garlic bread with lots of fresh garlic, EVO and butter
Roasted Veggies of brussel sprouts, garlic, orange & yellow bell peppers, beets.

Hey eatemup…
Are you still practicing RE law in LJ?
Need some HOA advice…things are blowing up.

Yep. Did you get my email?

No, I didn’t get your email.
Contact me!!

Haha…not sure how… I’m at jsimpson@sdgllp.com

Scotch. Right now, I am craving scotch.

2 Likes

Solid that a chica is craving Scotch.

And the Padres didn’t even play at Petco last night!
:stuck_out_tongue:

Clam Bake on the beach
Blueberry pie
Lobster roll
Shrimp and cheesy grits
Watermelon juice
Pistachio gelato
Brie with champagne grapes, walnuts, dried apricots
Gazpacho
Chile relleno

Soft shell crab sandwich
Lobster roll from a fab shack in Maine with some blueberry pie and ice cream…

Sugar Smacks cereal
Turkey, avocado on rye

Lox with a toasted onion bagel, capers, red onions and a big ol’ schmear of whipped cream cheese!
Hibiscus Iced Tea

1 Like

I’m craving the exact thing from my last post!!!

Also, sushi craving BIG time…heading out to Sushi Yama…everyday half off 20+ rolls for $5+ and sushi is fresh and quite good…
We can order 4 rolls and a large Sapporo for under $25…

www.sushiyama.org

Avocado toast on Killer Bread
Blueberry pie
Chilaquiles
Cheese and Chile tamales
Malasadas from Leonard’s in da islands…lilikoi cream out of the oven…

Heading to LV next week. Any specific suggestions for dishes at Lotus of Siam? We went once several years ago, but only tried a few items. (Can’t remember the names, embarrassed to say :frowning: )

I’ll split the chilaquiles with you, BC! I love chilaquiles, and I can’t find good ones (where I live, anyway). The only really good ones are those that my DH companion makes from time to time. But it’s been a loooong time since she’s done that.

1 Like

Vegas Baby. . .sweeeeet.
I go for lunch and usually get the same thing of Tom yom Kai with shrimp and Pad Thai Tofu #10 spicy with extra peanut sauce…

But here is the must eats for LoS…

Hit up Secret Pizza on the third floor at the Cosmo for late night NYC style slice…Tacos Gordo near Encore, Peppermill for the best old school breakfast/lunch, Bardot for French Bistro at Aria and the best oyster bar at Palace Station for some of the sublime lobster pan roasted goodness, chowder and oysters…go off hours…open 24/7.

Have fun and report back on the Vegas thread…

I make killer red and green chilaquiles…
I like to use the good chips from the Mex stores…no tortillas or Tostito’s chip crap…
Tell your honey bun this weekend would be a good time…lots of rain. comfort food.

The last time I had up to my standard chilaquiles was in PV at a restaurant on the beach last year and I went to the kitchen and spoke to the Abuela who was making my food and we were laughing and scratching in Spanish and she was so honored that a weta (blonde with olive skin) could ascertain traditional goodness and I hope to see her soon and have a big ol’ plate of some of the best hangover food, evah…
:cocktail:

DC…try Super Cocina in City Height, but you have to go during breakfast. Better in the early to mid morning than late morning.

1 Like

[quote=“Plumeria, post:76, topic:249”]
I like to use the good chips from the Mex stores…no tortillas or Tostito’s chip crap…
[/quote

Good chips :thumbsup: :fork_and_knife::clap:
BIG key to good chilaquiles

1 Like

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Thanks so much–I will!

1 Like

Give me a minute to dive under my desk to avoid the incoming, but I like the chilaquiles at Miguel’s. Yeah I know it is part of the Brig chain, but it is the only one I found that wasn’t some heavy glop of lead. I like over easy eggs on top and those eggs are just runny enough to mix with the red sauce and chips to make something really tasty. They only serve them on the weekends during brunch. We usually hit up the one out in 4S and they have enough tv’s so I can still get my football fix.
This thread got me thinking about Mexican breakfasts and Especial Norte should be back open this weekend after their annual post holiday vacation. This Saturday morning looks like it will be a good day for some posole. Or maybe some machaca or some huevos divorcados or…

1 Like