I'm Craving

I’ve not had the chilaquiles at Miguel’s so no need for armor :slight_smile: I like a softly runny yolk on mine as well…YUM

1 Like

Start with Nam Kao Tod and Koi Soi. Some good entrees to pick are Kang Hung Lay, Kang Hoh, one of the fish dishes under the specials/Chef’s Choice and one duck dish. The Pad Thai is better than many other Thai restaurants but nothing worth ordering

1 Like

Chilaquiles should be made with tortillas… chips give the wrong texture and ruin the dish.

2 Likes

Agree but I love my chilaquiles, best done in Mex, where the tortillas are sublime…
I get those fab chips from the Mex grocery stores that are so bloody good and IMHO, doesn’t ruin the dish, whatsoever.
Your mileage may vary babydoll.

Scalloped pot’s & garlic fries
Watermelon juice
Tacos!
:taco::watermelon::fries:

No, your mileage may not vary. Chips start off too crispy from being fried hard to properly soak up the sauce that creates the magical textural effect of chilaquiles done well.

Chips and sauce can still taste good, hell, this is what passes for chilaquiles at virtually every place in America sadly, but after eating the dish many, many times in Mexico, I agree with my friends that grew up in Mexico, the American version with chips is a different dish because of the lack of texture. Even if your chips come from a Mexican grocery store, you are still doing something wrong to the dish. You can enjoy whatever you want, but you shouldn’t claim it as chilaquiles when it is something else.

I find it hard to believe that there are no good tortillerias in San Diego btw?

Chilaquiles are lightly fried cut up tortillas…
Chips I buy aren’t that crunchy and yes, SD has a plethora of tortillerias…

1 Like

Are you sure you’re buying chips?..

What does it even mean for a chip to “not be that crunchy”…literally what makes chips chips is that they are fried to crunchy texture…

I have to assume you are just trolling me I guess =/

1 Like

Just trolling you. .
:fishing_pole_and_fish:

Eggplant hot pot.

Never had that…sounds good tho’.

Craving me a really good Eggplant Parm
Mushroom Risotto
Garlic Bread with a Caesar salad with anchovies…
Good bottle of Malbec to go with it all…

Craving me some Buffalo Wild Wings in the habanero sauce…

Grilled chicken breast with grilled corn with asparagus

Seafood gumbo
Kasha knish
Any Persian stew

1 Like

Onion dip and housemade sea salt kettle chips at Extraordinary Desserts.

1 Like

At Palace Station in Vegas at the Oyster Bar, they have the most kick ass pan roasted Seafood Gumbo and they use these kettle types with steam that is out of this freaking world good…
I hear a resto of that type is coming to the OC…

This sounds fantastic…
I love the old school Laura Scudder’s onion dip seasoning and add it to the sour cream with the Scudder potato chips…

I take it that ED is much more gussied up!
:blowfish:

The Oyster Bar is opening a location downtown on J Street within the next few months. They have an open location in Anaheim.

Holy Mother of Freakin’ God!!!

Sportin’ major :champagne:. . .:tongue:

http://theoysterbarskc.com/

I was kinda hoping that their pan roast would be like you can find at the Grand Central Terminal Oyster Bar in NYC. while both pan roadster cooked in a steam kettle, the Oyster Bar SD one looks more Cajun, while the NYC Oyster Bar has Chili sauce in it, it is more cream based and it is freaking delicious.

Hey littlestevie!

I LOVE Grand Central Oyster Bar and tho’ I’ve not had their pan roasted seafood, the OB at Palace Station which is a take on Ritter’s and from what I remember, it is Vegas, had creole version along with a creamery one too.
You can ask the cook who’s putting it together right in front of you.
It’s an incredible addictive entree…lots of seafood.
I cannot wait till it opens…

Wish it was open for Pads Opening Day or for Hall & Oates in July…
Just don’t get down there that often unless I’m seeing my ‘Top Man’ attorney at his downtown office.