I'm Craving

Sadly, I waited to long to make reservations and missed my chance. We tried Gangman Korean BBQ and it was VERY good, but I was still sad.

Great BBQ in downtown Ramona n the middle of a liquor store…
Pete’s BBQ was excellent with my DH had the brisket sandwich with fantastic fries and the side of kick ass hot Q sauce was outstanding!
I had the chicken sandwich which was delicious!
It reminded us of Oklahoma Joe’s in the KC area in a popular gas station…
The food was excellent!

http://petesbbq.catering/

Peanut Butter Pie from Marie Callendars
Dozen of Kumamotos
Potato taquitos with guac, sour, tons of cheese with some hot than f*ck hot sauce
Conch on a beach somewhere in the Carib.
Mai Tai

1 Like

Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Lobster Roll
Dozen Kumamoto oysters
Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
Aqua Chile fresca
Some really good nectarines

1 Like

Baba ganoush from 2 Brothers in Rolando–looks like they just closed. :disappointed_relieved:

Anyone know of a local Israeli restaurant. Loved Tiki Taka in Hillcrest, but that didn’t last either.

1 Like

Calibanzo in scripps ranch

Calibanzo hummus and grill in scripps ranch

1 Like

Blueberry pie
Lobster roll with mayo
Clam bellys
Clam Chowder…New England style
Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream with walnuts, fudge and mo’ fudge!

Sounds like you need a ticket to Maine for the fall colors, between meals. Last year we enjoyed all those things, except the sundae-we just gorged on plain ice cream every chance we got–on our October trip to New England. We also came away with an addiction to whoopie pies, which we’ve recently been able to satisfy at Liberty Station’s Lobster seller.

Currently craving good old school Mexican combo plates in a family-run business. We miss Salazar’s downtown and Casa Adams. Have never warmed to Ponce’s. Tony’s Jacal remains, but the drive to north county is discouraging.

1 Like

I do need a ticket to Maine. .
I love Maine and want to spend a month there in the fall, while I can still get my lobster groove on, along with blueberry pie ice cream and pie.
Throw in some changing of the trees and I’m all set.

We did Maine on our honeymoon many, many, years ago. Anniversary is actually coming up this Friday. The thing was, while beautiful, the touristy parts of the state were getting ready to shut down for the winter. But the lobster was great.

1 Like

Congrat’s on your anniversary coming up this Friday!!

You have to get there in Maine before things shut down…
There is nothing like summer eating at one of the classic Seafood Shacks along the coastline of Maine for some of the best clam bellies and lobster rolls…