Imperial Cuisine of China Arrives in L.A. - Is This Really What Emperors Ate? Bistro Na's (Na Jia Xiao Guan) [Review]

forgiven

heā€™s going after your writing next!

Not quite. He still stole your brilliant cicada line.
The blatant plagiarism is staggering. Does he write any of his menu item reviews or has he been pilfering all this time? Makes me wonder if he steals other peopleā€™s wine notes, too.
If I were Hadley Tomicki or Jenn Harris, I would be interested if someone stole my work. I enjoy reading their L.A. Times contributions.

3 Likes

hope he likes lazy grammar and curse words

We can probably give his side a really healthy ā€œreddit hugā€

1 Like

the wine notes are from professional critics and he denotes their contributions with their initials before the ratings

1 Like

So itā€™s okay to steal from some people and not others? This guy is truly something else.

You mean, ā€œMr. Imperial Fetishā€? This witticism (now deleted) is so creep-tactic on so many levels. To be kind, Iā€™ll give him credit for not plagiarizing this one.

Even if you were to ban him, you canā€™t prevent him from copying and pasting.

Iā€™m seriously tempted to sign up for the LA Times just so that I can flame his a$$. Iā€™m not buying his ā€œexcuseā€ about ā€œaccidentallyā€ copying and pasting.

@asgavin: I donā€™t know you, and I donā€™t want to get to know you. You should be ashamed of yourself. Have some respect for yourself and for the wonderful posters here who contribute selflessly and give them the credit that they deserve.

4 Likes

fool me once, shame on you
fool me twice, shame on me
In this case it should say shame on you both times

Or this

ā€œThereā€™s an old saying in Tennessee ā€” I know itā€™s in Texas, probably in Tennessee ā€” that says, fool me once, shame on ā€” shame on you. Fool me ā€” you canā€™t get fooled again.ā€

1 Like
  • from The Who ā€œTheme song to CSI: Miamiā€ :smiley:

Andy Gavinā€™s next review: Shunji Summer Omakase: A Pictorial Essay

7 Likes

They donā€™t have comments.

Damnit.

you can email the author directly on that la times page

jenn.harris@latimes.com

1 Like

I doubt this is the first, second, and third times heā€™s done this.

Bullshit excuse. Fuk this guy.

sigh.

whatā€™s your take on this since you know him better than we do?

LOLā€¦ how about you just donā€™t freaking write any reviews if you dont have the time. how about that?

3 Likes

no take. just collective sigh. I donā€™t control what he does