In Search of Golden, Crispy, Delectable Fried Chicken - Farmshop, Pann's, Jim Dandy's, Terrine, The Brentwood, Flores & Sons, Honeybird, Howlin' Ray's and more!

Huh, I think I have a nominee for next month’s DOTM. Only places with bullet proof glass :joy:

You didn’t do the Bang Bang with Art’s Chili Dogs, which is at Florence and Normandie not far from Jim Dandy’s on Western and Manchester?

I did not. Is it worth a stop and potentially getting shot?

Wow ya’ll. Let’s get back to the topic at hand - fried chicken. Thanks for sharing the thumbs up for Jim Dandy’s. Sounds like it’s worth a try.

Hi @tailbacku,

Thanks. You didn’t read my original post above? :sweat_smile: We’ve already tried Jim Dandy quite a few times (I think 8 visits now). :wink:

No it’s not as good as Howlin’ Ray’s (at all), but it’s very solid Fried Chicken (with some inconsistencies with the white meat sometimes). Thanks! :slight_smile:

Ah sorry, I guess I missed it, or more accurately, just didn’t remember.

Hi @tailbacku,

No worries. :slight_smile: Yah it’s really solid, glad you liked it!

I really like the corn fritter at Jim Dandy. Comes with about 2 kernels of corn, but still awesome.

Yes, those fritters are delicious when fresh and hot. Note, they are dusted with powdered sugar.