In situ - SFMOMA

Hi @PorkyBelly,

LOL, wow that dish at Blue Hill looks ridiculously absurd. :unamused:

Hi @Bookwich,

No, thankfully they have a main dining room, with comfortable chairs and tables. :slight_smile: As @PorkyBelly said, it’s for the last-minute walk-ins (with no reservations); a lounge area.

And re: Romaine Lettuce, that’s fine. :grin: Just be sure to get the Lemon Tart and The Forest as well. :wink:

1 Like

Did they have the black tie scallop and lobster jello when you were there?

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Sadly no. :frowning: I was looking for that one, so they were already rotating out dishes.

Apparently they only serve those dishes twice a week due to sourcing, what day were you there?

Was the rest of your meal at Blue Hill that ridiculous? I wouldn’t even know what to do with the raw fennel.

it was surprisingly one of my most memorable meals, from the locale, to the food and the service. after we got through the ridiculousness of the fennel the rest of the meal was delicious.

2 Likes

Hi @Chowseeker1999 -

It’s a food geek’s dream! And relatively economical, if you consider how much it would cost to fly around the globe to eat these dishes :relaxed:

Great pictures! I’m going to read it again!

2 Likes

Thanks @TheCookie. :slight_smile: Yah it’s so amazing being able to try all of these dishes from world-class restaurants all in one place. Have you been before? Anything you liked there? :slight_smile:

1 Like

and this is how i want to die

3 Likes

Nice! Such a good episode.

Foie Gras Poutine! :astonished:

1 Like

Ooh, nice trip to San Francisco, @Chowseeker1999! That lettuce sandwich looks quite austere, but The Forest looks wonderful. And how could you go wrong with creamy risotto and a medley of mushrooms! :heart_eyes: Thanks so much for your thoughtful write-ups!

2 Likes

their menu is broken up into appetizers, mains, sides, desserts, and… foie gras haha. I love this place.

2 Likes

Hi @MaladyNelson,

Thanks. :slight_smile: Yah I think you’d like The Forest - pretty amazing dish, and the Oops! I Dropped the Lemon Tart. :slight_smile:

If you didn’t catch it, our meal at Saison was pretty amazing and a place I think you’d really like (that’d be my #1 suggestion if you go).

2 Likes

Nope. We usually road trip to the desert. I’m a sun worshiper. But shhh… it’s not very interesting food-wise. It’s time to take a trip to the north!

1 Like

Lovely @Chowseeker1999. February was crazy busy for me. I need to catch up!

Hi @TheCookie,

Yes, definitely give Saison a try as well! :wink: I think you’d really like the food, service and ambiance there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, thanks for alerting me to Saison too! I’m long overdue for a trip to San Francisco. Thank you for your intrepid reporting, as always, @Chowseeker1999!

2 Likes

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Oops missed your earlier post: Monday.

Hi @MaladyNelson,

Thanks. No problem. :slight_smile: Hope you get to try a bunch of delicious places on your next trip. :wink: