Inserting image links only the link) in posts

Just noticed this I’d not noticed before (I don’t think) and wondered how to do it. It obviously makes posts with multiple images take up less space and seems really useful.

1 Like

I (think I) went to that post and it looked as usual. Description with photo underneath it. Which I actually like. What am I missing here?

I am seeing exactly what’s in the photo I attached. Each dish is followed by the word IMAGE in brackets. When I click on that word(link) the image appears but I don’t see the images in the post itself. This is the same on my phone and PC. Are you seeing something different?

It may be what the software does with that many images. I’ve just never encountered this before, at least I don’t recall it.

There are various browser settings designed to save you load time/screen space/data charges. One of them might be to not load images by default. If you have that on, you’d get something a lot like what you see…

by clicking/tapping on each word ‘image’, it should either load the image in place or possibly in a new browser tab.

That seems to happen when i link a post that contains images from another thread. The original post contains all the images and if you click the chevron in the top right it should expand and display the images too.

FWIW I have no idea how a setting could have been changed or how I would check. Any other post(s) here show me the image, but none have that many images. This isn’t a big deal. I was more curious than anything else.

I don’t even know how to link to a thread, much less link photos. It’s all so bothersome.