Itinerary Review for 4 Days in SD, Please

Sounds good, guys. Ah, yes the camerones & bone marrow sopes was one I really wanted to order, but it’s only for dinner. I definitely have to go for dinner. I don’t anticipate going to TJ anytime soon, but if I do, then Javier Plascencia’s restaurants are in order. If I went back to Bracero Cocina with say a group of 4, I’d probably order: chocolata clam, callo de hacha scallop, baja hiramasa crudo, the original Caesar salad, acorn & kabocha squash in black mole, huitlacoche tamal, shrimp & bone marrow sopes, and a few tacos (lamb neck barbacoa, cauliflower, beef tongue, and carnitas). End with coconut and lemon verbena flan. Oh, and plenty of tequila (I’m partial to Fortaleza/Los Abuelos blanco or ArteNOM 1146 anejo).

Hm, about a month ago I wasn’t even really that into Mexican food! Californios SF and Bracero Cocina have turned things around for me.

– Think I should break off the Bracero Cocina posts into its own thread? –

Currently really digging on ArteNOM 1414 Seleccion. Really delicious sipping reposado…

Picked up a ridiculously cheap bottle of Don Ramon añejo last weekend that has turned out to be far, far better than the price would have indicated…