It's-It coming to Costco

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Its-It-ice-cream-sandwiches-Costco-Burlingame-buy-11172861.php

For those who care, at probably an appealing price :wink:

1 Like

For people in OC/LA they sell 4 packs of Its-It original and mint flavor at Albertsons. I believe its $4.99 for the 4 pack in case you don’t want to buy 250 at Costco.

I haven’t had one in about 40 years. May have to check it out.

I would be buying the shit out of these if it wasn’t for that damn oatmeal cookie! How come it can’t be a damn Chocolate chip cookie? :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Because life isn’t fair. Which you knew. The end.

Because it’s not. It wouldn’t be what it is.

You better start making room for all that shit in your fridge.

@Luluthemagnificent meet the It’s-It with Chocolate Chip cookies, aka the “Chips IT

2 Likes

I would like this post 15 times if I could. :slight_smile:

It’s It was a fine artisanal product at Playland from the 40s to the 60s, then was again when it was revived in the 70s. Quality went downhill when it moved to factory production in the 80s, then went downhill again when they moved to a bigger factory in the 90s.

Ice Cream Ingredients: Cream, Milk, Skim Milk, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Coffee, Guar Gum, Mono and Diglycerides, Polysorbate 80, Carageenan.

Cookie Ingredients: Enriched Flour [Wheat Flour, Niacin (a B Vitamin), Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Folic Acid], Brown Sugar, Palm Oil, Oats, Raisins, Whey, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Baking Powder, Salt, Cinnamon.

Coating Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Sugar, Cocoa, Whey, Soy Lecithin, Vanilla.

Because that would be a Chips It.®

You had to list the ingredients.

I ate It’s Its all the time in the 70s. They were a handmade product made from real ingredients. The real chocolate coating would despite my best efforts get all over my hands and face.

They became popular because they were great. To meet demand the owners moved to factory production and to make more money they cut the quality.

On the subject of ice cream sandwiches, I just wish Ben & Jerry’s would revive their ice cream sandwich they made back in the 80’s. Essentially their vanilla ice cream, sandwiched in with really good brownie wafers. They looked much like a standard ice cream sandwich, but the crispy, rich brownie wafers (vs the usual soggy cakey outside of such things) along with quality ice cream, made it something really special.

Someone posted eons ago in another site, about working in the B&J factory back then. Apparently it was a semi-handmade process, and there was too much loss due to visually imperfect, unsaleable product that had to be given to the employees. Made me wonder if the workers were being deliberately sloppy, since it was a favorite item among the workers.

1 Like

I only had them in the mid to late 70s. Doubt that I will considering what you’ve written.

They sell large boxes at Smart and Final

–Dommy!

1 Like