It's Raining in Los Angeles! What Are You Eating?

I’m thinking ramen, but that’s an obvious choice. What do you eat to celebrate water falling from the sky?

1 Like

Hi @Bookwich,

I WISH we had Ngu Binh on the Westside. I would be eating a bowl of the most amazing Spicy Beef Noodle Soup from there on a rainy day, for sure! :smile:

Either that or light, warming, pure Chicken Pho at HP Pho Ga Bac Ninh.

But something closer, maybe a bowl of the Chicken Dumpling Soup at Gjusta, or their Pozole. :slight_smile:

Or maybe some spicy Tantanmen at Killer Noodles.

1 Like

Jack in the box or frozen wonton noodles. That 14 freeway life.

4 Likes

Free hot chocolate for the kids at In-N-Out when it rains.

Oh, and Somni.

2 Likes

I’m planning to stuff my face full of Pasta Sisters on the westside. :smiley:

When I was a kid, I used to LOVE Campbell’s soup on a rainy day.

3 Likes

Matzo ball soup from Brent’s!

2 Likes

Wherever that’s willing to deliver to my house…down with a cold…not game enough to go outside. And the delivery options available for my neighborhood are not ideal. This is probably one of the few times I wished I lived in the city instead of the suburbs.

Used to be the lamb noodle soup at Beijing Pie House, but apparently that’s not on the menu anymore.

So lamb barbacoa at Aqui es Texcoco or La Barbacha. Because consommé. :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Liangs Kitchen does a great lamb noodles soup - thick hand or knife cut noodle - yumm

Yelp photos

9 Likes

Home made Chao with pork blood cubes combined with lemongrass pork sausage tam bien market. 9550 Bolsa Ave, Westminster, CA 92683

They actually me great offal congee. We buy the two types of sausages too go and save for rainy days like today

5 Likes

If you have a Ralphs nearby, they have started carrying BIbigo items. These frozen soup dumplings hit the spot…

http://us.bibigo.com/products/106?condition.categoryId=1&condition.productId=106&condition.currentIndex=1&condition.offset=0&condition.limit=9&totImgRowCount=0

–Dommy!

3 Likes

This could seriously be life changing (we have a Ralphs across the street, and I cannot cook to save my life). Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

That looks fantastic! Bookmarked. Thanks!

I can cook, but not dumplings. Thanks so much, @Dommy!

Somen, no adornments, with homemade broth. Simple.

11 Likes

Nhom Sdao salad from Little La Lune in Long Beach!!

Not as exciting…Thai food delivery because I had to spend part of my day on a cold and wet soccer field while dealing with a head cold. I want dinner to come to me, and my options are sparse in this part of the suburbs.

I’m going old school Italian-American comfort food courtesy of TJs: linguine, meatballs, marinara + garlic bread. (chianti as well, but no straw bottle :laughing:)

2 Likes

For the last two weeks I’ve been on a soup-making kick. Approximately 20± cups each of of navy bean and kale, split pea, minestrone, and 15 bean, are in the freezer. Today I made black bean soup.

Dinner tonight? He’s having leftover pizza from Tony’s in San Marino. I’m still on my “orange is a food group” kick, so a glass of orange juice, bowl of Kix cereal, and two clementines. Maybe jelly beans for dessert.

When it rains here, does anyone else end up with
“Got onboard a westbound 747/Didn’t think before deciding what to do/All that talk of opportunities/TV breaks and movies/They rang true … Seems it never rains in southern California/Seems I’ve heard that kind of talk before/It never rains in California, but girl don’t they warn you/It pours, oh man it pours” running through their mind as an incessant earworm?

4 Likes

while i think liang’s broth is superior laoxi noodle house in arcadia

does a decent version with mao er duo, potato & glass noodle that’s a massive carb overload.

3 Likes