It's Raining in Los Angeles! What Are You Eating?

I love Odessa! I keep imploring my Ukrainian neighbor to go there with me and explain everything.

yup!

Shabu shabu for the past two days. It’s easy, comforting and perfect for this rainy weather

5 Likes

I made “clay pot” rice with shitaake mushrooms, chicken, and Chinese sausage yesterday for a rainy vday. “Clay pot” because I used a metal pot but still great for a cold wet day.

7 Likes

Brent’s Northridge

8 Likes

i could too :slight_smile:

1 Like

F*ck, all of these posts are making so goddamn hungry… :slight_smile:

Great! I know what the fish are but this dazzling display of charcuterie is a new world…

I didn’t take any pictures of the pastry case.

3 Likes

Wasn’t raining today but was pretty damn cold so decided to stop in at hangari and get the kal gook soo delicious as usual.

3 Likes

This is where? TIA.

On Magnolia just west of Laurel Cyn, 12129 W Magnolia Blvd, Valley Village, CA 91607

1 Like

Yes! Also, beef nabe. Which I get at the shabu place, but has a tastier broth (don’t know what they put in there, miso?), which infuses the meat and veggies. So much so that you don’t really even need much of the dipping sauces.

1 Like

FWIW, I find the pastries better at Tashkent down the street (on Laurel Cyn just before Chandler)

1 Like

Mushroom soup and French fries. I like when food comes on doilies.

4 Likes

Went to Petit Trois today.

Bread and butter, French onion soup, beef tartare, and omelette plus a cappuccino.

8 Likes

Pho dac biet at Pho Hue Oi in Redondo Beach.

8 Likes

Looks great. Where?

2 Likes

2 Guns Espresso’s Flat White (coconut milk)

This might be one of my favorite espresso based drinks!

I’m having Japanese tonight btw!

3 Likes

I have been there and agree it is quite good. Uzbek/Ukrainian we need @Nemroz to sort it all out.

the rain was incidental. i tried recently opened jiang nan spring in alhambra. turns out that they’re related (sister?/) to chang’s garden. the menus look extremely familiar. service was unusually attentive. my tea cup was refilled about 5-6 times.

green beans with pork
pork meat balls in brown sauce
dry hot pot with pork intestine (the lotus root was a pleasant surprise)

4 Likes