July 2016 weekend rundown

Sushi Tsujita–kaisendon premium sashimi bowl and accompanying soup. $25 and a steal. Hidden from view is a lovely piece of otoro. Other highlights within the bowl included a marinated scallop, the best salmon sashimi I have had in years, and kampachi. Love this place.

11 Likes

Nice, $25 is a fucking deal

2 Likes

Yes. Next time I will try the platinum. There was a slight delay so they brought over a complimentary tamago which was lovely.

1 Like

I think the platinum edition just adds uni

1 Like

You’ll love the Bara-Chirashi.

29 posts were split to a new topic: N/naka …101

Supporting my local community!

https://lobsterfest.com/

San Pedro Lobsterfest - $25 1.25 lbs lobster meals, $15 for each additional lobster (flown directly from Maine). I ate 3 of the 5 purchased.

11 Likes

Mitsuwa run (Torrance location). Santouka cold ramen for lunch and grocery store goodies for dinner (mackerel, cucumber krab sunomono, and soba).

9 Likes

politegarliclover

2 Likes

Har! Had I been starving, I would’ve dived right in. BUT, since I wasn’t, I thought I would wait… :wink:

1 Like

LA Rose Cafe Hollywood

Lumpiang Sariwang Ubod

Pancit Palabok

Tocino Plate

4 Likes

Went to Wexler’s Santa Monica 11am Sunday(first minute pastrami available). Got the MacArthur Park. Agree with poster who noted greatly improved rye bread. I included a picture, post-bite, to show that the bread was soft enough to compress. The crust had a good crunch. Not Langers, but nothing is. The pastrami was delicious, and spicier than other pastrami I’ve had in LA. Also had a sturgeon bagel, but that didn’t survive for photography. Still as I remember sturgeon in Manhattan in the late '50’s early '60’s. I’m a fan.

3 Likes

Bulgarini Gelato in the Arts District! Bulgarini cart at Hauser Wirth & Schimmel…

4 Likes

What flavor is that at the far end? :open_mouth:

(Melting) pomegranate and plum

3 Likes

Lunch at Night+Market Song. Wonderful

8 Likes

So how was it? We pretty much stopped going after Gelsons took over the catering.

Wow that meal looks pretty damn great. Can’t wait for them to open in Venice.

1 Like

I asked again and they said late August!

Platinum bara-chirashi, Sushi Tsujita…

9 Likes