July 2016 weekend rundown

[quote=“Bookwich, post:155, topic:3671”]
because men get grouchy if they don’t eat.
[/quote]:smile: I know. It should be in their instruction manual.

[quote=“Bookwich, post:155, topic:3671”]
kale salad I happened to have in my purse
[/quote]You’re really funny with this kale salad business.

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

Everything looks great. But that ceviche in coconut milk and the clam & crab curry :kissing_smiling_eyes:.

1 Like

Good report as usual @Chowseeker1999. Sweet descriptions on the various Mochi.

Friday eve at Moruno at The Farmers Market on Fairfax. Spanish dishes and small plates.

Pork Shoulder on Grilled Escarole. I only tasted the escarole. It was a little oily, but had a nice smokey flavor from the pork drippings. Hubby loved the pork.

I loved my grilled Chicken Thighs w/garlic & cilantro.

Perfectly cooked Gunpowder Fries w/side of Garlic Sauce.

Artichokes “a la Plancha”

Complimentary Olive Medley.

Delicious evening.

Saturday with the “kids” at The Parlor on Melrose, watching UFC 201. There was a table full of bar food. Wasn’t up to taking pictures. But they really liked these sliders.

It’s cool they still like hanging with us. But we drew the line at continuing on with them to Lock & Key in K-town :relaxed:.

We grilled in the backyard Sunday. Good weekend! I’m tired :relieved:.

5 Likes

Hollandse Nieuwe met uitjes & Nova Salmon Bagels & Sturgeon from Russ and Daughters

7 Likes

i’m more interested in what other food items you’re carrying around in your purse.

5 Likes

Posting something like that just isn’t fair! Although, I do wish R&D’s bagels were a bit better.

3 Likes

Winner.

All three were nice meals.
Shibumi I already wrote up.
Kali was very tasty too - charred avocado is a great dish.
But BS Taqueria was excellent. Carne Asada, Chicharron with chicken oyster and skin, shrimp taocs all excellent.

500,000,000 nanoseconds of deep appreciation for @PorkyBelly are in the mail.

5 Likes

did you try the churros?

Yeah the bagels were disappointing, quite taken aback, thought it was me initially. OTH, Smoked fish were excellent.

Road Trip.
Gilroy Garlic Festival and Anderson’s Split Pea Soup.

7 Likes

Hi @CiaoBob,

Nice! Glad you liked BS Taqueria! Did you try any of their cocktails?

Hi @TheCookie,

Nice write up! For Moruno, is their AC running, or is it like an open window type setting? (I thought the previous Short Order was like that.)

Nah, we were stuffed and I don’t eat sweets often, even if they are highly tauted. But the folks next to us inhaled them. With big smiles.

Yes, two very good ones:

De Effe – Mezcal, Carpano Antica, Ancho Reyes, Cafe Lolita, Habanero Bitters
and
Paleta - Tequila Reposado infused with grapefruit, Milk-washed, Cappalletti, Fresh Grapefruit & Lime, Coconut, Velvet Falernum

Front of house and servers were all terrific too.

1 Like

Hi @Chowseeker1999 -

The place was packed. I wondered the same thing. But we were walk-ins and sat at the bar in front of the open kitchen, which was naturally hot. But surprisingly not as bad as expected. Which could mean they have an air system. The poor kitchen workers were downing ice water.

P.S. We had a great bartender/server. I didn’t catch his name. He’s from Detroit. He & hubby talked a lot of hockey :confused:.

1 Like

[quote=“Sgee, post:173, topic:3671”]
Smoked fish were excellent.
[/quote]It looks it! Oh man.

Have been waiting to write up a recent trip to Moruno, am sort of behind on it. I think it deserves its own thread, as most of what I ate was very, very good.

Sitting in front of the kitchen at 10 pm felt totally comfortable to me, but I guess the night is much nicer than the day in current weather patterns.

1 Like

Please provide a tracking number, thanks.

1 Like