July 2017 Weekend Rundown

Begin

Breakfast to go from Gjusta - sorry no pix.
Croque Madame
English muffin sandwiches
Smoked fish sampler
Carrot cake
Apple crumb pie
Meringue w/ dark chocolate and pistachios
Hazelnut Paris-brest - finally (will eat later)

5 Likes

Hi @bulavinaka,

Don’t wait too long to enjoy the Paris Brest. It’s best eaten fresh out of the case! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the advice - I doubt I’ll get any arguments.

1 Like

Hazelnut paris-brest was really good. Sweeter than I expected, but in a good way.

1 Like

I see you are getting your daily value of fruits and veggies in for breakfast. :joy::muscle:

How was the croque?

Croque was excellent. Nice smokey flavor from the ham. I only got half - the half w/o the egg yolk. :cry: Supplemented Gjusta load with Harry’s Berries. :yum:

3 Likes

A quick trip out of town. Had a nice lunch at Mercantile Provisions:

Enjoyable dinner at Acorn:

Loco moco and spam & eggs at TNT’s Aloha Cafe in Torrance.

8 Likes

Hence, “be still my heart…!” :wink:

Happy 80th “birthday” SPAM!

4 Likes

In honor of SPAM’s 80th, we ought to make it our DOTM at some point this year. It’s such a versatile ingredient.

8 Likes

I’m with you in spirit. The problem is, outside of Hawaiian and Japanese places (maybe some Korean and diners), SPAM seems nonexistent. Or maybe I’m just a Doubting Debbi…

1 Like

One of my favorite sandwiches as a teen had SPAM, cheese, tomato, and mayo.

5 Likes

I liked spam scrambled eggs as a kid. (Made with creme fraiche and parsley, but don’t judge; my mom did the best she could to cook “American”.)

3 Likes

I highly recommend subbing hamburger patty for their famous Portuguese sausage patty instead. These are the same owners from the Gardena Bowl Coffee Shop and they kept the recipe for the Portuguese sausage.

They also sell the Portuguese sausage uncooked. :yum:

7 Likes

It’s info like this that makes FTC a gem.

4 Likes

Yeah, their’s and G Bowl’s Portuguese sausage is great! We actually got a side of it this time, but usually do sub the hamburger for it. :yum:

1 Like

Australian Angus ribeye rice bowl with koshihikari rice takeout from Wadatsumi in Torrance. The rice was perfect and the meat was a nice medium rare and very tender.

Sorry about the bad lighting.

11 Likes

looks fine to me

2 Likes