June 2017 Weekend Rundown

Tried Honey Dress Fried Chicken today. It’s a new Korean fried chicken spot in Torrance (across the street from H Mart). They have 3 flavors: Honey Soy, Honey Soy Garlic, and Honey Spicy. I got the breast and 2 wings plate in Honey Spicy. The batter was really nice and crispy, and the meat was moist. I just wish it was saucier and spicier. I like that sticky sauciness of Kyochon’s chicken, and also their spiciness. The plate came with pickled daikon, coleslaw (it was fine), and a slice of white bread… Also got the fries. They were ok. Not as crispy as I would have liked. Wasn’t a fan of the roasted garlic dipping sauce. It had a sweetness to it that I didn’t like.
We don’t have many options for Korean fried chicken in the South Bay, so it’s nice to have this place when I get that craving.

Honey Dress Fried Chicken
24002 Vista Montana
Torrance, CA 90505

https://www.yelp.com/biz/honey-dress-fried-chicken-torrance-2

4 Likes

Hi @Chowseeker1999 -

I’m not a beef expert, but the inside of your filet at Arroyo looks wrong. Aged they say? Thawed I say. Chewy filet mignon? That’s a new one. The asparagus does look really good though. :slightly_smiling_face:

Green curry is my favorite curry. I can’t imagine (but am willing to find out) how hot it is at Luv 2 Eat. Pretty curry pictures.

After your disappointing experiences with samgyetang, I’m surprised, but glad you tried Buil Sam Gye Tang. Yes, it’s a very good chicken stew, but you figured out it’s all in the salt too. As usual, you went deep and ordered the #3… deer antlers! Funny about the new banchan plating… cuts down on dish washing maybe? :grinning: And their use of chicken giblets in the banchan - I hadn’t thought about that… duh. Oh yeah, we were also pleasantly surprised at their flavorful teas.

Thanks again for super seeking!!

2 Likes

BRENT’S

5 Likes

Thanks for your rec again for Buil Sam Gye Tang. :slight_smile: And yes, without the seasoned salt, it was very light and barely seasoned. But that seasoning helped, and transformed it, like it does with sul lung tang. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes