Kasih (DTLA)

This new Indonesian restaurant in DTLA is quite good. I really enjoyed the tasting menu, which was priced very low (under $40 per person with a cocktail). Hopefully someone else will go and write a better review with photos and stuff.

Going to give this a shot tonight. They are getting back to me on the corkage policy. Any “must order” dishes from your perspective?

Menu looks legit. These sound promising

Lawar Ayam
Bebek Goreng
Sayor Asem / Lodeh
Rendang Sapi
Sambal Tasting + Ayam Rujak
Pepes Ikan
Babi Guling
Sambal Matah Bass
Nasi Goreng
and enquire if they offer Es Alpukat

I am going to preface this by saying we were invited for a preview of the dinner menu, although personally I have no affiliation or connection with the restaurant in any way.

That said, the Sambal tasting is very interesting and definitely worth saving room for, as is the coconut curry (forget the name) but it was meatless.

Like I said, I got the tasting menu. Really, everything was good. I was surprised by how spicy the dishes were. It tasted like legit Indonesian. We will see how long that lasts.

If I had to pick a favorite dish, oddly enough it would have been the kangkung (ong choy). I like their preparation (rich in shrimp paste) better than any of the Chinese and Thai preparations I have tried.

I thought the sambal samples were great.