Kinjiro--any recent experiences?

Another baller comment right there.

7 Likes

A $100/head meal turning into a $140/head meal may not be seismic but is certainly not trivial. For some people it takes a meal at Kinjiro into the splurge range; for many others it takes it out of the splurge range. Not all of us have bank balances that allow us to not notice these things.

2 Likes

How expensive are we talking for a group of 4 per person? Have some guests coming into town and trying to limit it to $100pp. Maybe Aburiya Raku is the move here? @MyAnnoyingOpinions suggests Kinjiro is now 40% more expensive.

I went to the Vegas Raku last month and we ordered at least 12 dishes and a bottle of sake. With tax and tip, it was about $100 per person. @PorkyBelly mentioned the WeHo branch of Raku costs a bit more than Vegas

1 Like

that’s pretty much mathematical fact–at least from the time of our meal to when i last checked, about a year later.

1 Like

Hi @DTLAeater,

My report is incoming (we just went to Kinjiro again recently). Uh, your $100pp limit is not even close. :frowning: Suffice to say we did not have a good experience. This is the anti-QPR restaurant of the moment right now.

1 Like

Had a great experience at Kinjiro a long time ago. Their prices seemed to have risen substantially so I probably won’t be going back especially given the over $100pp comment from Chowseeker. :confused:

we were at $95/pp with tax and tip before the prices first rose. at this point, i’d assume that same meal would be at least $150/pp. i’d feel more disappointed if raku wasn’t around.

Kinjiro would not be a good option if that’s your criteria

for what it’s worth, I went to Kinjiro in a group of 4 a few months ago (March 2018), and our cost was less than $100 per person, including a couple of bottles of wine for corkage. The food was still exceptional as compared to an earlier visit. and yes, Jun was turning away walk ins, I think for chef’s workload capacity reasons as the restaurant was not full, which I actually admired since it assured the quality of the food. Don’t know if the prices went higher after then, but our group of picky eaters was very satisfied.