Knife Life

Shit. You’re right. I forgot we were talking about a deba. Can’t do it. Need to buy the left-handed version of that. I really just mess with the Japanese western-style knives and Chinese cleavers. Those you can play with. Others not so much, I guess. Bummer.

So does that mean s/he can’t do this with knives s/he already owns?

Is this bread knife a fabric?
This_is_not_a_fabric

1 Like

I have this one i couldn’t recommend more highly from Tojiro

I bought the Tojiro F-737. So much better than any bread knife I’ve used before. It cuts straight and easy without spewing crumbs all over.

I can confirm that it is not a fabric.

The sharpening place I was using has closed, so I’m thinking of buying a sharpening kit. Any suggestions?

Lansky was looking good, but reportedly quality has gone downhill.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R142QHHUSPZML2/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000B8IEA4

I use Japanese stones these days but when i started out i used the edge pro. No complaints.

1 Like

@aaqjr ever come across this - Wicked Edge?

No that’s a new one by me! I’m not as much into the online knife groups as i used to be since i pretty well know what I like. I know the guy who runs edge pro has been involved in the specialty knife community for a good 15+ years.

I’d check around online knife guys are pretty demanding aren’t afraid to praise you or knock you down a peg.